Weird Radio Problem - csgmart
I've got a Kenwood head unit fitted to my car. It's about 10 years old and has given perfect service since I have had the car (2 years).

Yesterday whilst driving the right hand set of speakers stopped working as I was listening to the radio. Funny thing is they all work perfectly when listening to a CD. As soon as I put the radio on only the left hand side works.

As the car is a 'bangernomics' run around I really don't want to splash any dosh out for a new unit, but I do like to listen to the radio. It's a tad annoying coming only from one set of speakers.

Any suggestions? I guess it's just down to age and use etc. Seems a shame.
Weird Radio Problem - Altea Ego
As it works ok on CD but not radio, I am afraid its kippered. Something in the tuner part has gone west. will be cheaper to replace it than fix it.
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Hmm thought so. It's got a 6 CD changer in the boot. Are these compatible with other makes? If so could I just get a newer unit to fit (whether Kenwood or another make)?
Weird Radio Problem - pmh
What happens if you force mono operation on radio? Does it work on bothe channels?

Since it is bangernomics material, I would look to bridge (together) the inputs of the power amp section and then run in mono. But you will need some electronics skill to do it.

--

pmh (was peter)

No, running in mono mode makes no difference.

Actually the make is Pioneer (shows how much notice I take!!)
Weird Radio Problem - bell boy
give it a good wack before yee bin it
might knock sense into it
think of it as pioneering