agggggh mondeo central locking - biff
i wonder if someone can help? i have an 02 mondeo 1.8 lx. the central locking system works fine with the key but if i try to lock the car with the key fob the car locks then unlocks immediately. i have replaced the battery in the fob and i have tried reprogramming the fob as told in the manual but still it happens. theres no gap, not even a second between it locking then unlocking it just does it straight away.

i know i could just lock it with the key but i want to exchange the car and want everything working well.

any ideas?
agggggh mondeo central locking - Screwloose
biff

What happens when you lock the passenger door? [If it's got a lock.] Could be a stuck, or failed, locking motor in the driver's door.
agggggh mondeo central locking - biff
screwloose

if i lock it with the key it's fine. i sat inside the car and used the fob, the passenger and back doors lock then unlock straight away, the drivers door does'nt lock at all. if i manually lock the doors from inside the car they work perfectly.
agggggh mondeo central locking - Screwloose
biff

Is there an external passenger's door lock? What happens when you lock that?

Forget the fob; if any master lock doesn't respond to the remote receiver's "lock" signal and move to the lock position, [like a faulty driver's door lock motor] it'll then send out an "unlock" signal and cycle all the others.
agggggh mondeo central locking - mfarrow
if i manually lock the doors from inside the
car they work perfectly.

Is that if you use either passenger and drivers door to trigger the central locking?

--------------
Mike Farrow
agggggh mondeo central locking - dieselpower
ive the same problem with my brothers car the problems coming from the drivers door it happened one day after he washed the car ill be looking at it this weekend so if i have any luck ill let u know