Scratched rear window - any solutions? - UncleR
The rear windscreen on my car has loads of scratches on the outside. It is as if the previous owner has cleaned it with the rough side of a Brillo pad, every week (I really have no idea how it can be so scratched). Any solutions other than the obvious one of replacement?

(apologies if this should be in the Technical area)

thanks
Scratched rear window - any solutions? - glowplug
Lot's of polishing with cerium oxide. Glass polishing kit available at machine mart.

Steve.
---
Xantia HDi Exclusive.
XM 2.1 VSX.
Thanks.
I couldn't find any such kit at machine mart when searching for "glass polishing" - could you direct me?
I found something on eBay searching for cerium oxide - link below, would that be appropriate (heated rear screen etc.)

tinyurl.com/2g9zml {shortened link to ebay - DD}
Scratched rear window - any solutions? - BobbyG
UncleR, I remember when I bought my Saxo the rear windscreen was all scratched in one particular area. The salesman said it was quite common with woman wearing rings who slam the boot with their hand on the glass.
Scratched rear window - any solutions? - Victorbox
Frost Auto do a DIY glass scratch repair kit www.frost.co.uk/ or the windscreen replacement companies can probably polish it out for you.
Scratched rear window - any solutions? - glowplug
Ah good to see DD on the ball as usual!

I've just checked machinemarts site and I can't find it either. I did see one last week when I called in though, try giving them a call. However the Ebay kit is better value.

I didn't realise you meant inside the glass, yes you could polish away the heated element and stop it working.

Steve.

---
Xantia HDi Exclusive.
XM 2.1 VSX.
Scratched rear window - any solutions? - Stuartli
Fill with clear resin, similar to cracked windscreen repairs carried out by Autoglass etc?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
@glowplug: Sorry to confuse. No I don't mean on the inside, I mean the outside. I must admit I wasn't really sure if the element was on the inside or outside (and the aerial too)...