Ford Focus Rear Parking Sensors - IKM
I'd like to fit rear parking sensors to my new model Ford Focus and would welcome advice or recommendations from anyone who has already done this.
The ideal solution would be to replace the black rubbing strip on the bumper with the one from Ford with 4 sensors already mounted, plus of course the control box and buzzer. This is what you get if you you order from Ford before delivery but it does not seem to be available as a dealer fit or diy option.
The alternative is to drill holes in the bumper below the rubbing strip and fit aftermarket sensors. Has anyone done this and was it successful?
I've also seen an electromagnetic version advertised called Taurus 123. The sensor is a metal foil strip stuck on the rear of the bumper. This would save any expensive mistakes drilling holes but I don't know if it is any good. Also the car has to be moving before the system works which is not so good if you are already close to an obstruction.
Thanks for any advice or recommendations.
Ford Focus Rear Parking Sensors - elekie&a/c doctor
Ford supply an after market rear sensor kit for the previous model Focus which is identical to the factory fit option (made by Bosch with 4 sensors & bleeper).However I am not sure if this will fit new model.The inductive strip systems work ok & are easy to fit but as you rightly say car has to be moving for correct operation.After market sensor sytems work fine if you keep to the well known makes but obviously need accurate drilling of bumper and painting to colour if reqd.hth
Ford Focus Rear Parking Sensors - IKM
Thanks very much. Your information was useful.