Skoda Octavia - maxi-dot? - Altea Ego
In the octavia options, you can get a "Multifunction Steering wheel (inc small leather pack and Maxi-Dot)"

What functions does the wheel provide, and what is a "Maxi-Dot"
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Skoda Octavia - maxi-dot? - Big Bad Dave
Wheel steers car away from buses
Skoda Octavia - maxi-dot? - Altea Ego
Tick

add one anti bus wheel
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Skoda Octavia - maxi-dot? - ForumNeedsModerating
Maxi-dot: If this is the same as on a Superb I owned, it's lcd screen display between(?) rpm/tachometer - trip computer, faults etc

It's display though, wasn't as good as similar in a couple of recent Audis I had - e.g. the screenwash alert in the Audi featured
a marvellous ' moving fountain' type display, whereas the Skoda's was static!

Also, the MFS (again on Superb) comprised IIRC, cruise, audio, phone
Skoda Octavia - maxi-dot? - f2
Test drove a Roomster a few months back that had the multifunction steering wheel, it boils down to an extra stalk on the column with stereo controls etc. It was ergonomically sited and fell easily to hand, particularly when making left hand turns and when attempting to use indicator stalk.
(Of course it might be that I'm just hamfisted..)

f2
Skoda Octavia - maxi-dot? - oldtoffee
Maxidot gives you additional display features over the standard multi function computer and you can adjust quite a few settings. Some of the graphics are coloured. You can adjust the time for the guide you home lights, rain closing of the sun roof, set speed warnings, switch between metric and imperial, set one plip single door opening or all doors plus anti-hijack. Graphics include fuel warnings, seatbelt warning, open door warning graphic, some of the radio info. IMO it's a useful low cost option and it looks better and more integrated than the standard multi function mono display.
Skoda Octavia - maxi-dot? - barchettaman
Does your browsing of the inner recesses of the Skoda brochure, RF, mean that the ´Ran is about to be swapped for something Czech (and hopefully more reliable)?