Run Flat Tyres - midlifecrisis
As mentioned in my PCP thread, the BMW 320 I'm looking at has got run flat tyres. I mentioned that I thought the tyres were low on air as the steering was very vague and the car quite 'skittish'. It seemed to 'tramline' a lot as well. Subsequently found out about the run flats. If this is normal, I think I'd be looking at changing for 'normal' tyres if I bought it.
Run Flat Tyres - Mad Maxy
I've a 320d M Sport Touring. Bridgestone runflat tyres, 225/45 on the front. The steering feels a bit nervous on uneven surfaces, tramlines a bit, needs small corrections. Sounds like you've experienced the same. IMO it's not the runflats (my MINI Cooper S is fine on them), it's wide, low profile tyres. I can happily live with it, but it takes some getting used to.

Did you try an M Sport or an SE or ES? The last two have narrower, higher-profile tyres. Mind you, it could be that makes other than Bridgestones are less prone to such effects.
Run Flat Tyres - Mad Maxy
Did you try an M Sport or an SE or ES?
The last two have narrower, higher-profile tyres. Mind you, it could
be that makes other than Bridgestones are less prone to such
effects.

Just seen your PCP thread... BTW my MCS has 205/45 17s.
Run Flat Tyres - oldgit
I'm dying to know what happens when you get a flat and have covered or exceeded the permitted distance on that now deflated tyre - call out BMW service, I would imagine, and then what? And what if you don't subscribe to that service?
I pose this scenario. I am setting off from London on a journey to Glasgow and experience a flat about an hour or so into my journey and then continue for about another 90 miles/Kms whatever is the safe distance for these tyres - what do I then do?

Their fitting, in my opinion, is a retrogressive step.