Ford CMAX 1.6 Diesel temp loss Power - ukbaker
We have got the 1.6 diesel and it is proving both economical and fairly sprightly. However I have had two occasions when leaving a roundabout I have experienced significant loss of power. The engine does not seem to want to rev, even after using the kick down or the manual gearshift. Rice pudding skin and pull are words that come to mind. On both occasions pulling over as soon as convenient, switching off and restarting has cured the problem. My local main dealer, I still have three months left on the warranty, has had no experience of this problem. And they're only solution is to drive the car to them if it happens again! I of course would like it fixing before the warranty expires. Do you have any ideas?
Ford CMAX 1.6 Diesel temp loss Power - Ravenger
Loss of power is often associated with a faulty EGR valve, though I've mostly heard about that happening on the 2.0 diesels.

How old is your C-Max? Older models were more prone to the problem. Newer engines have a re-designed valve that should be more reliable.
Ford CMAX 1.6 Diesel temp loss Power - ukbaker
Thanks for your interest and responce. The car is two years nine months old. What is a EGR valve?
Ford CMAX 1.6 Diesel temp loss Power - Dynamic Dave
What is a EGR valve?

Exhaust Gas Recirculation valve.
Ford CMAX 1.6 Diesel temp loss Power - Ravenger
Sounds like you've got the auto transmission? I've read some reports of hesitations or loss of power in C-Maxes with CVT transmission.

Might be worth posting on one of the Ford Focus specific forums out there on the web. There are a couple of decent ones I visit fairly regularly:

www.ffoc.co.uk
www.focusowners.co.uk

I own the 1.8TDCi C-Max myself, but I've only had it 7 months.