GT Champiro / Firestone Tyres? - leef
Good morning everyone,

The old Chestnut of tyre brands... again! :)

Need 2 new front tyres TODAY for the Mondeo. Was going to use blackcircles, but would have to wait 2 or days for the booking.... so I may be forced into Kwik-Fit, even though I swore Id never use them!

Just had a quick look on there Web site and there cheapest Tyres seem to be GT Champiro 55's. 2 of them fully fiited for £149 (205/55/16V) seems dear compared to etyres, blackcircles etc, but I do need them today, also they have an offer on Firestones, I can get 2 of them fully fitted for £155 (inc 15% discount for the offer) I believe Firestones to be part of the Bridgestone company but not sure?
Which do I go for if forced into using Kwik-Fit?

Any help as always much appreciated..

Lee

GT Champiro / Firestone Tyres? - jc2
Try Formula 1 if there is one in your area.;I've used them several times and never had a complaint.
Hi jc2,

Just had a look on there website and there isn't one near me, Im in Manchester (work in Bury). Shame, they actually look pretty good.

Thanks
Lee

PS forgot to mention, im on a very tight budget this month, so looking for decent-ish brand if possible for pretty cheap prices. :)

Thanks again
Lee

GT Champiro / Firestone Tyres? - jc2
Go back to their website and try their partner company BBT.(best buy tyres).
GT Champiro / Firestone Tyres? - R75
I had the Firestone TZ200 fitted to the front of our Honda Shuttle, very happy with them, then had another pair fitted to the back of my Accord - for the price I think they are a great tyre - really improved the handling of the Shuttle and the accord - they seem to be a quiet tyre, can't comment on wear as they have only been on a couple of months but I would go for them again.
GT Champiro / Firestone Tyres? - daveyjp
Get the yellow pages out and find the local independent fitter. My Audi has the same size (but W rated), when I asked for a quote from the local guy I asked for V rated by mistake - he could get me a whole raft of well known makes for £50 a corner - Michelin as fitted were £80.

When I realised my mistake prices went up quite dramatically for some makes - Michelins to £110, but he sourced Vredesteins for £75 fitted.
GT Champiro / Firestone Tyres? - Hamsafar
There's no way I'd pay £150 for £80 worth of tyres!
You have the same size of tyres as me, and they are usually £55-£60 each fitted for premium brands and premium tyres within that brand, such as Goodyear Eagle F1, Pirelli P7, and £35 for Budget such as LingLong and Stunner, and £40-£55 for things like Hankook and Fulda.
Thanks guys, I opted for daveyjp's plan and gave a local fitter near my place of work a call, he did me 2 brand new dunlops for £105 all in!!! So im now very pleased at not having to goto Kwik fit!! :)

Thanks again everyone!