Honda crv cutting out - mickp
I have a 2006 honda crv diesel (now 5000 miles) which suffered electrical power loss while doing 70mph on the motoway. Fortunately I was in the inside lane. The dashboard went black, the immobiliser light flashed and the engine stopped. I turned the key off and back on again and the engine started. Two honda dealers could not fault it and treated it as a one off. It did it again a month later. After a couple of dealer visits, Honda got involved and the ignition unit was replaced - in their view the only likely cause of a total electrical power loss that would not show on the computer. The dealer also said all the wiring had been checked. All well and good I thought unitl today when it did it again whilst travelling in traffic at 30mph. I coasted ot some traffic lights, turned the key off and the engine restarted. Similar symptoms, motor cut out dashboard went black, as if ignition turned off (side lights stayed on though). I will be on to my dealer tomorrow but has anyone got any other ideas - a 2nd faulty ignition unit perhaps?

I've lost all confidence in the car particularly as a mode of transport for my young family, I need it to be properly sorted or I need a repalcement vehicle. Its only a matter of time before it occurs at just the wrong time in traffic
Honda crv cutting out - keybored
I recently came across a US/Canadian site which may be of use to you; www.hondasuv.com/ Lots of information on the crv and they do have some UK posters.
Honda crv cutting out - PV43

Exactly same problem and history on MkII Auto- can anyone post a solution?