Full lock turning - mk2 Mondeo ST200 - AdyBeee
I have a 2001 Mk2 Mondeo St200

When I'm on full lock to the left or right, my front wheels seem to 'clunk' as they turn. It sounds as though the tyres are being chewed up and I can feel the car jerking forwards. The inner front wheel ( as I turn either way ) has a big outward camber on it on full lock and the tyre is being squashed down into the outer edge of the wheel.

I notice that just before I hit full lock, my steering wheel seems to go loose and it falls onto the steering rack stop.

I noticed when I was replacing my discs that the rubber gator clips had broken. I replaced these with cable ties. The car has only done 29k miles. Can CV joints go within this king of milage?

Or is this 'clunking' normal for the lowered setup of my car?

AdyBee...
Full lock turning - Number_Cruncher
Does it have a limited slip diff? If so, do you know what type of LSD it has?

Number_Cruncher
Full lock turning - SjB {P}
My V70 exhibits similar full-lock behaviour as the time for annual service approaches because by then the grease on the steering lock limiters has dried out. The result is that the two parts of each lock limiter - one part on the hub, the other on the inner wheel arch - "bind" through increased friction. At anything other than a crawl or on a dead flat service, the binding will manifest. I didn't believe it until proven wrong!
Full lock turning - AdyBeee
I'm not sure what type, or if I have a LSD. The car is a 2001 ST200 Ltd Ed 4 door. It is number 297 of the 300 built.

Not sure if this will help.