C8 rear brakes shot at 20K - Clanger
Mrs H just backed the C8 into the yard this afternoon while I was chatting to a passer-by. As she stopped next to me I heard the unmistakable grind of metal from the left rear wheel. Sure enough the left outboard pad is down to the metal. The other 3 pads have about 1cm left. The car has warranty until October this year. I'm reticent about taking the car to the dealer with a warranty claim because traditionally brakes are consumable items and they'll sting me for pads and discs while the car is in the garage. But for one pad to wear while the others have meat on them? What do I do, take it on the chin or stamp my foot and say the uneven wear must be caused by a fault?

TIA
Hawkeye
-----------------------------
Stranger in a strange land
C8 rear brakes shot at 20K - yorkiebar
Advise dealer of problem/possible fault.

Have pads changed (discs if necessary) and get a brake test report immediately before and after the pads are fitted.

if the wheel is registering excessive difference to the other then its a brake fault . If difference is only there before pad change, or there before and after pad change then its a fault. If its roughly equal before and after the test its just bad luck, poor material match on the old pads.

hth
C8 rear brakes shot at 20K - Screwloose
Hawkeye

I think that you'll find that the caliper slide, or the cable, has seized.
C8 rear brakes shot at 20K - Clanger
Just got it back from the dealer. Siezed calipers on both sides and sticky handbrake cables. These were renewed and paid for under warranty. New discs and pads paid for by yours truly. Citroen think that 20K miles is a good life for discs and pads, apparently. Given that I'm £200 lighter in the wallet, not the best outcome, but I've got new calipers out of it, and the rear discs can be skimmed for next time because I've got the bits in a box at home. Rightly or wrongly, I'm going to let it go at that.
Hawkeye
-----------------------------
Stranger in a strange land
C8 rear brakes shot at 20K - firespotter
Same thing happened to me with axantia i had and i left it too late and had to have calipers and discs replaced. Next time you take the wheel off take a photo of the problem and if you don't get satisfaction tell them youll report them to Citroen UK. Dont leave it unto its too late and your forced into a corner go see them imediately. a pair of brake pads ok cali[pers discs and time very expensive