re-initialising Xsara remote - Sooty
Hi

my friends citroen Xsara (4 door 1.4 petrol 1999) remote control stopped working..one button (opened or closed.. can't remember) worked but you could hear something rattling around inside.

I offered to have a look inside.. having had some good experience in small circuit board repairs.

The micro switch towards the front of the casing had come off the board. Due to the minute size of the componenet I invested in a 12W soldering so as not to fry any components due to excesive heat. I re-attached the micro switch and tested that it really was in circuit.... further down the circuit board..

Confident off my work.. we tried it out, only to find it didn't work!

There was a reference in the handbook about re-initialising after removing the battery (which I did to protect the circuits whilst soldering.....replaced with new one) This seemed to be simply putting the key in and turning till ignition lights came on and pressing the remote control. We tried that ...but still no go.

I really feel that I did a good job of the soldering... but am now at a loss as where to go now with it..

Any ideas welcome....

Ta.
re-initialising Xsara remote - dereckr
I would suggest careful re-examination of your repair to the keyfob. Make sure you have no solder shorts and that the switch is correctly fitted to the pads. If it was working on one button and now it doesn't it would be logical to suspect something has happened to the fob. Check you have assembled the fob correctly and that no buttons are being continually pressed down by the case. The handbook re-initialising method you describe appears to be correct. Do the trafficator lights flash when the fob buttons are pressed?...if they do then the fob is working.

Hope this helps