Don't want to tax - mk124
Here in the backroom we are constantly moaning about taxes. Congestion tax, fuel duty, road tax and the dreaded taxes for 4X4 etc are all included. It stuck me that we may be able to develop a consensus of what we should not tax, rather than complaining about the new taxes. I will tell you the behavours from car owners I think should not attract taxation.

1. Buying a car that does not intimidate other road users by its bulk.
2. Buying a car that protects people who are not inside the vehicle in the event of a crash.
3. Buying a car that has a small environmental footprint where its life cycle is concerned. That means we don't just concentrate on fuel consumption.
4. Buying a car that creates a demand for cleaner technology, or the possibility of cleaner technology.
5. Encourageing car sharing for journies. We could cut CO2 emitions by 75% if a car were to carry 4 people from A to B, rather 4 cars making the same trip. If we all did this we would not have so much congestion either.
6. Encourage people to drive on uncongested roads or at times where congestion is low, so they don't hold other people up.

I don't really wan't a long debate, only peoples list of motoring activities that they think should not attract tax.

-----------------------------------------------

Torque means nothing without RPM