Scirocco weber woes - deadcat
Hi,
I have a mk2 scirocco GT2 with a weber 32/34dmtl carb.
I've recently been experiencing some problems with the car cutting out just as it starts to accelerate.

it does it randomly and can often be solved by turning the engine off and leaving it to settle for a bit but very often it does it and sticks like it until its settled overnight.

looking aroundf and posting on other news groups i think its either carb icing or some dirt in the carb.
I've got the heated air supply all set up off the manifold but it still does it.
I've taken the part throttle channel heater off the 2e2 but can't figure out where to put it on the weber, does anyone know where it fits?

does anyone have any other suggestions as to what it could be?
Scirocco weber woes - 3T
Have you checked the fuel fiiler neck yet? feel all the way arount it from top down by sticking your arm up wheel arch. they can often get holed towards the top and let in all sorts of grit etc into the tank which blocks the tank filter- there are a few solutions if this is the case, let us know how you get on
Have you checked the fuel fiiler neck yet?

Feels alright to me, but it might be flaking from the inside....
is the tank filter in the tank then?
Scirocco weber woes - 3T
lift up back seat and pop out the sender. the fuel is pulled through a plastic pipe with fairly small holes easliy blocked. the grit gets sucked into the holes giving symptoms of fuel starvation. the car stops, the grit falls away and you start fine . I went through this in the early nineties and tooks ages to find the cause as was so intermitant
When it's having this problem, the car will accelerate fine if you put your foot to the floor, but obviously this is rather dangerous and is quite wearing on the clutch...

still sound like the problem you were having?
Scirocco weber woes - 3T
mine would cough and lurch a bit on even throttle, sometimes would be fine with foot hard down but would sometimes just die on even or open
Scirocco weber woes - George Porge
I'd check the fuel level in the float chamber after the car had stalled, that would rule out a delivery problem
cheers, I'll have at look at that..
Scirocco weber woes - George Porge
The car has never run properly since you fitted the webber I take it? (just seen your other thread)

Does the fuel feed from the pump go to a tee piece, tee off for the carb, then return to the tank? Is the return to the tank restricted to help fill the float chamber? Ie the tee piece that returns to the tank has a smaller internal bore
the car has run pretty much fine since fitting the weber, apart from this bizarre problem

the fuel line goes into some kind of fuel accumulator on the front of the engine, like a small pot with the fuel IN line, fuel-to-carb line and return line all piping off it..
pierberg to weber carb conversion - deadcat
Does anyone know where the part throttle channel heater goes on to the weber 32/34 dmtl carb from the pierberg 2e2 when its swapped over?

{Moved to other post created, as question is related - DD}
pierberg to weber carb conversion - sierraman
The what?There's the auto choke electric heater,not used on the Weber.Which car are you fitting it to?(Don't say 'mine').
pierberg to weber carb conversion - braindead
siearaman the cars a scirrocco see other thread hmmm {Now merged - DD}
pierberg to weber carb conversion - George Porge
www.sciroccoregister.co.uk/phpbb/phpBB2/index.php?...c

You may find help with the problem and other matters here. ;O)
pierberg to weber carb conversion - Andrew Moorey (Tune-Up)
The heater bolts onto the adapter plate on the side facing the cam cover.
--
Simplicate and add lightness!!