K-Seal Kalimix Any-body tried it? - graham woods
Hi there every-one. I have just bought a bottle of K-Seal, Kalimix, to hopefully stop a suspected heater matrix leak on my Daewoo Matiz, as i do not fancy the job of changing it. I firstly asked for a can of radweld, but the shop owner assured me that a bottle of K-Seal is a lot better, and i hope it is at £8.99. for a small bottle. I have poured it direct into my topping up bottle, so hope it circulates through the complete cooling system soon, and of course stops the leak. Has any-one out there used this product before, and what results did you get ? Thanks for any comments, and advice. Cheers. Graham.
K-Seal Kalimix Any-body tried it? - bell boy
the last time i replied to you and checked the information with regards times etc i got an absolute nothing from you even though the research took my time ..........
so no replies from me this time.....................with anything useful to say on snake oils............
maybe ask dynamic dave ?............
delete this if you want moderators im not bothered
K-Seal Kalimix Any-body tried it? - Dynamic Dave
To be brutally honest, I have to agree with oldman in some respects. People (including myself) have asked you various questions with regard to your leak, but have had very little feedback in return that could help to assist you with your problem.

Perhaps you could provide some feedback in your other post(s)? Such as, what makes you suspect it's a coolant leak, considering you previously mentioned that there is no coolant smell in the carpet on the drivers side?
Hi There, Kindly note my reply to "oldman" Sorry for any offence caused. Graham.
Hi There, Firstly, sincere apologies for any offence caused. As you can see I am a newcomer to this site, and do not wish to upset any-one who has the time and decency to reply to a posting of mine. What I have been doing is thanking people in advance at the end of my posting for any advice or help. Then a couple of days later, when I think there will be no more replys, I have placed a note at the bottom thanking every-one for there replys. In future, I will reply to each answer or comment seperately. Just a thought......What if some-one gets 500 replys, it would take some time to reply to each one, so how would one get round this? Once again, sincere apologies, I did not mean to cause you any offence, Thanks again, Graham.
In future, I will reply to each answer or comment seperately.

Graham, I appreciate that you're a newcomer to the site, and the last thing that I or anyone else wants to do is to flame you, or make snide remarks, etc.

It's not that you haven't thanked people for their replies; it's that you've provided little or no feedback to the questions that they've asked you to help with your problem.

Take for example your first post on the subject of your wet floor.

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=47165

I asked whether the wetness smelt of anything, and if it didn't then it would more than likely NOT be the heater matrix. I then went on to point out some other potential areas that could have caused the wet floor, but you instantly ignored and dimissed those suggestions in favour of a leaking heater matrix - even though I said it was unlikely.

Then take another example

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=47282

when I suggested "If you're not loosing coolant, and the carpet doesn't smell of it, then I can't see it being the matrix though"

No feedback from you whatsoever confirming or denying that you were loosing coolant.

I even asked you at some point what made you think it was the matrix leaking, but you failed to answer that question also.

Maybe it was my fault for putting the idea into your head that it was the matrix at fault in the first place, but until you come back with some answers to the questions put to you in those threads, I really can't see how anyone can help you further.
Hi There Dave, Thanks for your comments, and I now understand where you are coming from with regards to replying to post. With regard to losing water, I find it uses about half or one pint a week, and i cover about 300 miles a week in it. The carpet does not appear to smell at all. There are no signs of any leaks in the engine bay, or anywhere under the car. Thanks again, Graham.
Hi Graham,

Well if you are loosing coolant, (and I hope you're topping back up with a 50/50 mix of antifreeze / water) then it is going somewhere. As previousy said, I've never changed a matrix before, but I do know it's a right pain to do however. I do hope the sealant you've put in does the trick. I've previously had success with radweld, but never tried using it for a heater matrix leak though.
Hi there dave, Thanks for the reply. yes, i am topping up with 50/50 water and antifreeze. The carpet seems drier already, unless it is my imagination. I will know for certain in a couple of days as to weather it has worked or not, and will post the result on here. Thanks again. Graham.
K-Seal Kalimix Any-body tried it? - Civic8
IMO,waste of money-risk of blockages on modern cooling systems,temp fix before replacement of unit only
--
Steve
K-Seal Kalimix Any-body tried it? - nick
Agree with you Steve. A no-no on a modern car. Bite the bullet and get a new matrix.
Thanks for the advice, Graham.
K-Seal Kalimix Any-body tried it? - amclpreston
I've used it on several cars, and it has worked very well for me.

{Link removed as I beleive you are just promoting your own site and therefore advertising. If this is not the case, you are welcome to discuss it by email with me. DD dave_moderator@honestjohn.co.uk }

Andrew

K-Seal Kalimix Any-body tried it? - amclpreston
>> I've used it on several cars and it has worked very well for me.
{Link removed as I beleive you are just promoting your own site and therefore
advertising. If this is not the case you are welcome to discuss it by email
with me. DD dave_moderator@honestjohn.co.uk }
Andrew

I did email the moderator a good while later to say that my site was straightforwardly informative. It describes my experiences with using K-Seal on 3 cars...., and contained no advertising, products for sale, or links to people who sold K-Seal.

However, I never received any response from the moderator.

My site does now contain links to suppliers of K-Seal, and has Google Ads in it because I need to cover hosting charges.
I did email the moderator a good while later ....

I'll look back through my mailbox. It could well be that my spam filter nabbed it, or got buried in amongst all the other emails I get and got got over looked. Ultimately, it will be HJ's decision whether the link can be posted though. DD.
Hi there, thanks for the reply. as stated i have already added this to the cooling system, so I will just have to wait and see what happens, i suppose. Thanks Again, Graham.
K-Seal Kalimix Any-body tried it? - Sprice
It did work for me once on a 1985 XR3i. Think I used radweld (or maybe Bars), and it did indeed stop a matrix leak. It used to drip, drip, drip onto the passenger side constantly, but stopped soon after using radweld. Make sure heat setting is to hot so circulates completely.

Good luck Graham.
Hi there "sprice," cheers for your comments, i will know for certain in a couple of days, and will post the result on here. Thanks again, Graham.
K Seal Kalimix update. - graham woods
Hi Every-one, Just an update on my previous posting. Well. the carpet is soaked, yet again. So today I thought I would take the bull by the horns and remove the whole carpet from the floor. What a damn nightmare that was. Remove ALL seats, remove seat belts, remove centre console, remove side panels, took me about 2 hours. Got the carpet out and underlay which was soaked, dried up the cars floor, which is now Bone dry, placed newspaper down to seee where the water is coming from.... Totally bone dry, and has been within the last 8 hours since i removed the full carpet from the car !!!. So, a total mystery to me at the moment. I thing its time to have a nice soak in the bath, with radox, and have a beer, my back is killing me after that episode.........Cheers. Graham.
K Seal Kalimix update. - steveo3002
any history that its had a screen in it??

at the body shop i work at 99% of leaks are badly fitted screens and leaky scuttle tray/pollen filters

check the engine bay drain hole are not clogged with leaves ....usualy somewhere near the bonnet hinge area
Hi there "steveo3002" Thanks for the advice, i have no prior knowledge of it having a replacement screen at all.
I will have a closer look at it tommorrow. Since i removed the whole carpet yesterday the floor has remained dry as a bone......Damn strange this one hey ? Thanks again for your advice, cheers, graham.
K Seal Kalimix update. - adverse camber
has the engine been up to running temperature in the time you have been monitoring ? Lots of small leaks will only happen when its hot.
Hi there, "adverse camber" yes, i have run it several times up to normal temp, and covered about 35 miles since removing the whole carpet out of it yesterday, and guess what.....Bone dry every-where.....Damn strange hey?
Thanks for the reply, and advice, cheers, graham.
K Seal Kalimix update. - Civic8
>>Bone dry every-where

I would be inclined to get someone to put a hose around the car with you inside checking for any leaks.
I assume you dont have any unusual smells in the car, ie anti freeze smells??
--
Steve
K Seal Kalimix update. - Dynamic Dave
I assume you dont have any unusual smells in the car, ie anti freeze smells??

Steve, has already been asked and confirmed not.

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=47433&...e
Hi "steve.o" The removed carpet does not smell of coolant at all. It has not rained sinced i removed the carpet, typical hey!!! so i am just going to wait a couple of days, until the heavens open, which will not be long here in north west england, and of course the whole car will then be covered with water, and i can take another look. Thanks for the advice, Graham.
K Seal Kalimix update. - mss1tw
>>So today I thought I would take the bull by the horns and remove the whole carpet
from the floor. What a damn nightmare that was. Remove ALL
seats, remove seat belts, remove centre console, remove side panels, took
me about 2 hours.

I'm impressed you did it in 2 hours, makes me think I might do it to my car after all...(Think it's still going to be fairly wet right underneath due to a leaky pollen filter)
K Seal Kalimix update. - wemyss
Graham if its remained dry since you removed the carpets maybe this suggests that its rain water ingress. Or has it rained since you did this?.
Funnily enough the wifes car had a similar thing a few weeks ago with the drivers side carpet wringing wet.
Couldnt find anything witht the ususal hosepipe ploy but since then its dried out and remained so. Shouldnt have said that really as its tempting fate.........
wemyss
Hi there "wemyss" Thanks for the reply, i would still be tempted ,if it was mine to at least lift the carpet a bit ,just out of curiosity and have a look. Cheers, Graham.
Hi there "mss1tw" I do not envy you, i removed my under cover and in the dry and warm down at my works unit with loads of brill lighting at my disposal.......And i still found it a pain to do, but I had no choice, and do not want to end up with a rotting carpet, and worst still, a rotting floor eventually, so if i was you, go on, give it a go. good luck, cheers, Graham.
K Seal Kalimix update. - mss1tw
Ha, cheers Graham!