Brigadoon accident... - stevied
Maybe I am naive, but where I live (Nantwich) there was a BIG accident last night (on the Chester road) involving multiple vehicles, and the aftermath was such that part of the road was shut all night. Yet, the only mention of it was a tiny mention on the BBC Local Travel section.

How bad does an accident have to be to be reported? I just hope it has received little coverage as nobody was seriously injured or worse....

On a different tack, the diversion took everyone past my house. Considering the signs said "Serious Accident: Diversion", the speed of the lorries going past my house indicated that they were impatient to make up the lost time.... pity they don't think more about the accident eh, seeing as lorries were involved.
Brigadoon accident... - midlifecrisis
I was dealing with a fatal rtc once and diverting traffic down another road. I was then approached by some abnoxious pink fluffy dice who demanded that next time I sent vehicles past his house, I give him prior notice and cease what I was doing forthwith!

As I'd just lifted the body of a dead girl out of a car, my reply is still talked about around the station today!!

(Not suggesting anything about stevied!)
Brigadoon accident... - Bill Payer
Brigadoon?
Brigadoon accident... - stevied
I hope your reply was blunt and to the point...... I cannot believe that anyone would be like that! Thanks for your caveat at the bottom, midlifecrisis!!

Brigadoon is a reference to the musical, where you can see the village of Brigadoon clearly for a while but then it vanishes as if it had never been there.... my take on the non-reporting of said accident. Pretentious moi? Indeed.
Brigadoon accident... - madf
>stevied
You live North of Watford where civilisation does not reach (it is debatable if it ever actually did reach Watford BUT...)
madf
Brigadoon accident... - deepwith
Another thing the police did not foresee when diverting traffic... Last week when held up for a long time on the A34 when a lorry jack-knifed and blocked the entire cariage way . Police put in an excellent divert onto the old A34, but were not to know that three workmen had put up traffic lights so they could do some ditch work. They were not prepared to listen to motorists trying to tell them that only letting five cars through at a going north had probably contributed nearly all of the four mile tailback!!
Brigadoon accident... - frazerjp
Another thing the police did not foresee when diverting traffic...
Last week when held up for a long time on
the A34 when a lorry jack-knifed and blocked the entire cariage
way . Police put in an excellent divert onto the
old A34, but were not to know that three workmen had
put up traffic lights so they could do some ditch work.
They were not prepared to listen to motorists trying to
tell them that only letting five cars through at a
going north had probably contributed nearly all of the four mile
tailback!!

That truck in question was a tesco lorry i believe, it took out a car & pushed it into the central reservation!
Keeping onto the subject the old A40 is a good road for diversions as it's quite wide in places except when going through Wycombe.
--
Its not what you drive, its how you drive it! :-)
Brigadoon accident... - Lud
the old A40 is a good road

You can say that again, especially the hill with hairpins that straightens out into a 500mph swoop going westwards down onto the plain ...RIP Leo and your sidevalve new shape Ford van, 90 I think and quite a respectable lick for 1959... Of course coming the other way you had to have some power to get ino trouble...
Brigadoon accident... - Bill Payer
Brigadoon is a reference to the musical, where you can see
the village of Brigadoon clearly for a while but then it
vanishes as if it had never been there.... my take on
the non-reporting of said accident. Pretentious moi? Indeed.

I'm so uncouth. :-(
Brigadoon accident... - Micky
">Nantwich<"

Is that near Edinburrow?
Brigadoon accident... - JH
Micky
you rely on satnav I take it? :-)
JH
Brigadoon accident... - Micky
Sometimes ....

I never get lost but I never know where I am.
Brigadoon - SimonM
tch flippin lorry drivers what they like eh, always trying to deliver your stuff on time ;-)......
Brigadoon - stevied
: ) I see your point, but I was sitting watching TV when this thunderous noise started and about 4 wagons went past at 50ish.... fair shook my walls!

And thanks madf for the northern comments! We aren't civilised up here at all, wouldn't even claim to be, or want to be. : )