Zafira 1.8 auto, is 100000 miles too mu - StockportGerbil
Folks :-
My Mrs has decided she wants a Zafira, after someone wrote her vectra off and the insurance co gave her a Zafira to tootle around in until the claim is settled.

Unfortunately Zafira's and all MPVs seem to hold their value something chronic. The budget I've got is £4500 at most and for that I'd expect the car to hold together for at least 5 years. I've found an 03 one for £4500 but it's done 100000 miles, which I think is an awful lot for a petrol engine and auto gear box. (Got to be auto as the Mrs only has an auto license.) I have been told (at that centre of all knowledge - the pub) that modern cars should be able to take that sort of mileage quite happily providing they are regularly serviced. What's the opinion here? Am I being hopelessly optimistic in getting a good MPV for that price?

Thanks

Kevin
Zafira 1.8 auto, is 100000 miles too mu - cheddar
100,000 in three years is probably mainly motorway, should be fine.
Zafira 1.8 auto, is 100000 miles too mu - ma
I have to say it wouldn't worry me either, go for it
Zafira 1.8 auto, is 100000 miles too mu - P.Mason {P}
Where are you located? I've just done a search on the Auto Trader window on this page - A Zafira 1.8 Comfort Auto, 38,500 miles for £4,500, private sale. I used Petersfield, Hants as a base.

Best of luck,

P.
Zafira 1.8 auto, is 100000 miles too mu - P.Mason {P}
Sorry, I should have read your name! Stockport is a bit 'out of area' for you..

P.
Zafira 1.8 auto, is 100000 miles too mu - local yokel
I'd say it's fine, so long as there's no chance of it having been used in the cab/hire trade. My guess is that if they used one from new they'd run it for 200k though.
Zafira 1.8 auto, is 100000 miles too mu - bell boy
Somebodies had the best out of it ,i would keep looking.
Zafira 1.8 auto, is 100000 miles too mu - oilrag
4 times around the earth is a long way.
A lower mileage car would be a sater bet IMHO.
I mean, for lots of parts it doesnt matter whether its motorway miles or not, its still 100,000 miles of wear........
Zafira 1.8 auto, is 100000 miles too mu - DavidHM
Not sure about there being such a thing as 100,000 miles of wear for anything... 100k miles at a near-enough constant 2,500 revs on smooth straight motorway will be much kinder to gearbox, suspension and engine than the same around time (although you can do 100k miles in a minicab in three years easily).

That said, if you increased the budget somewhat you would have low mileage choices: tinyurl.com/utheu (distance based on SK1 1AA).