VW V6 AAA engine - dipsomaniac
just blown the coolant hose; cylinder head > throttle valve > heater exchange. replacement £50.00 - i didn't realise rubber was such a precious commodity??

at the heater exchange end a 'T' piece connects 3 x hoses. the hoses are 19mm diameter. the 'T' piece is 19mm but reduces to 5mm at the end.

has anyone any idea why? is it to protect the heater matrix or is it something to do with the throttle valve hose.

the 'T' piece disintergrated when I tried to disconnect the hose. The dealer wants £60 for a replacement as opposed to 50p for a 'T' piece from the local aquarium (fish) shop.

any advise appreciated.

VW V6 AAA engine - 659FBE
Contact an expert local plumber - he'll make you one up. If you use "Yorkshire" fittings, the swage for the solder ring takes the hose nicely and provides location for the clip. Last time I did this, I cut the rubber hoses slightly to accomodate standard plumbing fittings which were a little longer. It was a neat job.

VW V6 AAA engine - dipsomaniac
thank you. will have a look at those fittings. not sure if the reducer is there to protect the matrix or ease the flow into a smaller bore hose going to the throttle body.

can't believe that i have to buy another complete assembley at £60. i know what is going to happen when i try to disconnect the hose - that connector is going to crumble too.