Annual CDW. (Also for over 75s) - henry k
This motoring item was in the Travel section of the DT on Saturday

" Two years ago I wrote to you complaining that Insurance4carhire, which sells annual policies covering the collision-damage waiver (CDW) excess on rentals, had refused to renew my policy because I had reached the age of 75. I now notice that it has launched a new policy covering drivers up to 85. This is the first time I have heard of a company reversing its ageist policy. It is to be heartily congratulated.

This policy from Insurance4carhire (020 7012 6300, www.insurance4carhire.com/ ) is a must for anyone hiring a car for more than a week a year, and I am pleased to learn that there is now cover for older drivers, albeit for a slightly higher premium. The policy not only covers the hire company's CDW excess, which can be as high as £1,000, but also damage to tyres, windows and the underside of rental vehicles, items often excluded from the super-CDW top-up insurance sold by hire companies themselves.

Insurance4carhire's annual policy covering Europe costs £49 (£68.75 for those aged 75-84); Europe Plus, which also covers South Africa, Australia and New Zealand, costs £59 (£78.75 for people over 75)."

Annual CDW. (Also for over 75s) - Armitage Shanks {p}
The above is good news - now we need to find companies who will hire cars to over 70s - detalis please!