Best time to buy a used car? - R75
As per my post a couple of weeks ago I am going to get a used Nissan QX or Honda Accord (whichever turns up first for best price), Budget will be <2k. What month will I get the best deal from a trader? Will it be December or January? I wont buy before December but could last until February at a push. My thought is that December would be best as traders will want as much stock off loaded before the new year as possible - and as such I should be able to beat them down to a good price. Has anyone else purchased at this time of year?
Best time to buy a used car? - BobbyG
At that price are you not best buying direct from a private seller and cutting out the middleman's commission?
Best time to buy a used car? - Stuartli
With a budget of under £2k there's very little margin for haggling.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
Best time to buy a used car? - pd
At under £2k I can't see a lot of difference. At that sort of level a dealer will reason they have little money tied up in the car so may as well hang on to the spring and get the asking price than accept a derisory offer. The only way that may change is if they need to physical space or its a PX they're desperate to get out the way (in which case they may just send it to auction and avoid the hassle of selling it).
Best time to buy a used car? - R75
Well just an update - Managed to find myself a 2.0ltr Accord Aerodeck, 97 on an R with 94k on the clock. Full main dealer service history, in pretty good nick - it is 9 years old after all - all for the princely sum of £1450 from a Trader, so even came with 3 months warranty and 1 years MOT, not to mention taxed until the end of Jan. I think I have got a good deal, I need to put a couple of rear tyres on in the next couple of months, but thats not to bad. The car drives very well and no rattles or squeaks. Have spent some time today trying to replace the factory fit radio - not an easy job, but now I know how to do it it is not too bad - why they could not just use slide out ones I will never know, had to take the whole centre console off to remove the old radio, then mess around fitting the new one in the old ones chassis!!!!!!!
Best time to buy a used car? - bell boy
TU just seen your post the job is on its knees up here in yorkshire at the moment, so well done,the sales will pick up in the next 2 weeks mind so you have bought wisely ;-)
glasshopper
Best time to buy a used car? - L'escargot
why they could
not just use slide out ones I will never know .........

To make it more theftproof?
--
L\'escargot.
Best time to buy a used car? - Sprice
That doesn't sound particularly cheap for one of these HJ (I know they're a cracking car, but they seem unloved). For spares availability, an Accord is a better bet.

Just watch for rust where rear bumper meets arch!!!