That white lubricant - type's'
Can anyone tell me what that white lubricant is that the dealer uses on hinges and check straps when serviceing my car.
And where can I buy it ?
Any advice will be apprecaited.
That white lubricant - boll
Its called 'white grease'. any motor factor will sell, or any main dealer will sell you some off the shelf.
That white lubricant - Lud
What is it that makes people buy it, other than the symolic purity of its colour of course?
symbolic, sorry
Cheers boll.
That white lubricant - Altea Ego
It comes in a spray can.

You can get it as lithium grease or silicon (slicon(e?)) grease

3M makes it and you can get in Halfords.
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
As helpful as ever gents.
Cheers
Used to be black and called graphited or molybdenum disulphide according to case. Same sort of extra slippery longlasting water-resistant works even years after it's dried up grease then? Better safe than sorry. There was some special stuff you used to have to squirt into water pumps I seem to remember.

There are a few good things about the modern era.
That white lubricant - jc2
Type "Comma" into a search engine and it will give details of all their greases and uses and a lot of other things.
That white lubricant - Aprilia
White grease in a spray can. Easy to get into nooks and crannies and it stays there.
That white lubricant - martint123
Used to be black and called graphited or molybdenum disulphide
I bought a tub of "black molly" from Halfords only last week.

That white lubricant - Kevin
>You can get it as lithium grease or silicon (slicon(e?)) grease

It will be lithium grease. Silicone grease is usually for o-rings and diaphragms etc.

Kevin...
That white lubricant - yorkiebar
Moly grease is better suited to cv joints etc.

White grease for hinges is a dry to the touch type grease to avoid staining of clothes if it manages to get into contact with them. Quite easy considering the hinges are on the doors !
That white lubricant - Stuartli
Other variants on the "dry" grease I've found that are very effective are EasyGrease and Slick51 (comes in a slim aerosol can).

You'll find that they are also very good for greasing double-glazed doors and windows' hinges, locking mechanisms etc.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
That white lubricant - Bill Payer
I presumed white grease was mainly used by the dealers to give some visible indication that car has actually been serviced.
My daughter's Black Ibiza came back from the SEAT dealer covered in the stuff! Looks terrible.
That white lubricant - Stuartli
>>that car has actually been serviced.>>

...and you had to grease the dealer's palm with silver afterwards as well...:-(
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
Very witty stuartli - I like that one.