Red Leather Seats - GroovyMucker
Why does no-one do red leather seats any more? The Baron had them in his Jensen, the Saint in his Volvo, and I can remember the first time I sat on a leather seat it was burgundy and in an old Jag.

Now it's all black, grey and beige.
--
Stevie
Lakland 44-02 Sunburst
Yamaha YTS-23
Red Leather Seats - Peter S
Red leather is still available for BMW Z4s and MB SLKs AFAIK. It used to be an option in the previous shape 3 series as well, but I think it's been dropped on the new one, though perhaps it's back for the coupe/convertible?

Peter
Red Leather Seats - Imagos
Quite simply because it's (mostly) disliked.

Reminds people or rather the marketing men too much of tacky 70's Lincolns and Cadillacs.

The current Mondeo is (or was) available with red leather on the ST220 IIRC.

Red Leather Seats - Zippy123
Its an option on Audi A4 convertables.
Red Leather Seats - bell boy
always reminds me of an old moggy minor or a westminster, its ok but i hate the white piping round the edges when fitted.
Red Leather Seats - barchettaman
Used to be an option on the Alfa 156.
Red Leather Seats - Wales Forester
Ford StreetKa is available with lovely red leather seats - tinyurl.com/y2r3kr mmmmmm
Red Leather Seats - barchettaman
And were an option on the Barchetta too!! D´oh
Red Leather Seats - Lud
always reminds me of an old moggy minor or a westminster,
its ok but i hate the white piping round the edges
when fitted.

Agree about the contrasting piping om. Gets grotty and starts coming off too.

Leather being an extra on all but the most expensive cars is one of the sad things about the modern car-filled world. But I have to say that the trim in some expensive cars, modern Bentleys included although I am really thinking about Lexuses, is unpleasantly garish to my eye. Same applies to those patchwork fake wood/plastic/leather/brushed aluminium steering wheels some of those motors seem to have.
Red Leather Seats - james86
They are also available on the Mondeo ST220 if memory serves me correctly
Red Leather Seats - colinh
....and the Eos
Red Leather Seats - mattc
They were also available on the Peugeot 406 Coupe
Red Leather Seats - LeighB
I had a close encounter with red leather seats in an old Jag.
Driving in heavy rain to visit future parents in law for the first time, I did not realise the floor pan was leaking and the sponge rubber filling in the seat cushion had become wet!
I got out of the car in my smart beige cavalry twills (remember those??) not realising that the seat of my trousers had got stained red. Most embarrassing.

Red Leather Seats - Vansboy
& you can have them here, too ..... www.daihatsu.co.uk/copen/

If this car had been available, when Mrs V bought her Mx5, she'd have had one& chosen the yellow one, instead of being more cautios & getting red (Garnet pearlescent, of course!!)

VB
Red Leather Seats - Chad.R
A DB9 in Gunmetal Grey with Red leather seats is on wish list - or any exotic in that combo for that matter.

My first experience of Red (more like Burgundy) leather seats was in my dad's (off)white Austin Cambridge - it had matching Burgundy stripes down the flanks too!
Red Leather Seats - jc2
The SportKa has a leather option;red/black or blue/black-not just a single colour.
Red Leather Seats - tr7v8
Most Alfa's are available with Red Leather as an option & Porsche did it in the 80's called Can-Can which is red everything, seats, dash gaiters etc.
Red Leather Seats - Chuckie888
My Gen 5 Prelude has them and they look great contrasting the grey trim. I think it's coz the Germans are taking over with their coal mine black interiors ;-)
Do tell, Leigh.

Did they let their daughter marry a baboon-impressionist?
--
Stevie
Lakland 44-02 Sunburst
Yamaha YTS-23
Red Leather Seats - piggy
When I road-tested a Toyota MR2 Red about a year ago it had red leather seats.Well it would,would`nt it.
Red Leather Seats - AlastairW
This reminds me of the final car my late father was allocated as a company vehicle by West Cumberland Farmers. It was a white Mk 1 (rwd) Cavalier with a red vinyl interior. At the time I think this was a standard Vauxhall colour scheme. Even at the age of 7 I thought it looked hideous (I prefered the previous Triumph Toledo, even after catching a finger in the door!)
Red Leather Seats - LeighB
Do tell, Leigh.
Did they let their daughter marry a baboon-impressionist?
--

Yes, and 40 years later we are still together :-)
Red Leather Seats - Lud
beige cavalry
twills (remember those??) not realising that the seat of my trousers
had got stained red. Most embarrassing.

Amazing. With me it was some twozzer failing to put the lid back on some tomato ketchup in some cafe in the middle of Oxford, c. 1957... had to get the damn things dyed black.

They don't make cavalry twill any more, or if they do it costs £100 a yard somewhere. Good stuff in winter.
Red Leather Seats - Altea Ego
Red? hmm - The term red invokes thoughts of pillar box red & New York pimps in pink cadilacs.

However, claret or burgundy with a dark piping is a completely different matter. very classy, very english, very tasteful.
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Red Leather Seats - madf

My 1929 Riley Monaco had red leather seats complete with blow up rubber cushions. Infortunately in hot weather the dye leaked out - and my blue jeans became red and blue..

Oh happy days.....:-)
madf
Red Leather Seats - P.Mason {P}
My Dad's white Morris 1800 (1960s) had red leather seats,-looked really nice..

P.
Red Leather Seats - Mapmaker
I have a very fine pair of beige cavalry twill trousers, c2003, Cordings. They do still make them.
Sold here (but £75??): www.harristweedshop.com/cavalry-twill-trousers.html

Ask Honest John

Value my car