Goodbye - Adam {P}
I think I might just burst into tears.......

....nooo - not really!

This is just a quick post to say Goodbye to everyone as this will be my final post on here. There's absolutely no point in going into the whys and wherefores but suffice it to say, I won't be coming back.

It's been a fun....::counts:: three years! That's gone really quick. But sometimes it seems as though I've been on here much longer! I'd just like to thank everyone. The technical bods (no way am I going to name you all - I'm bound to miss someone out) and the people on the Discussion side who have made this place a fantastic place to be. To think, I signed up when I started Uni after setting off a red light camera and I must have made about 7000 posts since then!

Without wanting to get too soppy, there have been some true Gents on here and I'm....(honoured is probably too strong a word for here) glad that I've been able to listen to advice - sometimes sage, sometimes complete rubbish! - from you all. I've annoyed a lot of people in the past. I have a habit of wittering on which can get annoying (remember the Lexus thread?) but hopefully I've not annoyed a lot more!

Some good, and very funny people have left. But some other very good (and equally funny) have joined. The likes of Al, Patently and Mark (when he had the chance to rip into people on here) used to have me in tears of laughter. A lot more posts have made me cry in pain but that's what here's all about. If we agreed, then the world would be a boring place.

I have a feeling this is more like a Presidential Resignation Speech than a Goodbye post on an Internet forum (it's getting pretty soppy too) so I'll wind it up quick. My email address is in my profile and anyone is more than welcome to drop me a line sometime if you want. To be honest, the people who want to talk to me already have it but the offer is there if you want it.

I hope this post stays in time for people to read it as I'd hate to disappear without saying Goodbye to anyone. I've squared it with Dave (well - I've not given him a chance to ok this post yet!) but please don't post anything that's likely to get it deleted.

Once again, it's been fantastic - there are some really good people on here and the help imparted to myself and others has been very much appreciated I'm sure.

Thanks again folks - and take care,

Adam

Goodbye - keo-the-dog
I haven't been on much recently so I have probably missed the why;s and whatevers of this, and I aint asking but I for one will miss your posts ...Cheers ...and all the very best...Keo.
Goodbye - Pugugly {P}
I was just about to hand you the keys of the 535. Ah well......

Don't go.
Goodbye - Jonathan {p}
Tara La!

Sorry you're off will miss your lighthearted comments.

It's got to be a lady, I can't see what else would make you leave...

Jonathan
Goodbye - Baskerville
It's got to be a lady, I can't see what else
would make you leave...

Jail.

Don't go Adam. Get a tag instead.
Goodbye - Jonathan {p}
>> It's got to be a lady, I can't see what
else
>> would make you leave...
Jail.
Don't go Adam. Get a tag instead.

I guess he'll be the lady in that situation!
Goodbye - Micky
You'll be back ...
Goodbye - Pugugly {P}
"Lady"

It's me or those moaning Backroomers.

Don't go Don't go, Don't go...............
Goodbye - Dipstick
That would be shame Adam - you're good fun and I always enjoy your posts. Anyway, not many of us Lexus lovers here! You're needed!

Act in haste...think about staying if possible, eh?

Goodbye - mfarrow
Wow - what a shock resignation! We didn't really mean all that criticism about that nice tastefully-coloured car you drive, did we guys? ;-)

Suffice to say it's been a pleasure reading your posts over the last three years - always entertaining. You'll be missed, but I think you'll be back!

--------------
Mike Farrow
Goodbye - Wales Forester
I think he's bought a Mondeo TDCi (saloon obviously, in gold) and he just can't bring himself to admit it, so he's taking the easy way out........

Ah well, seriously Adam, good luck, I'm another who'll miss your input here, don't be a complete stranger ay?!
Goodbye - peterb
Adam,

You recently very concisely the exact reasons why I hate diesel cars and for that alone I'll miss you.

I too am a Lexus fan (I'm now onto my second) - but I think I must have been away during the thread you refer to.

Good luck

Peter
Goodbye - adverse camber
Oi!

before you leave - what happened to that funky phone you got wet ?

;)

On a more serious note - wher e do 'I look to see what happened ?
Goodbye - nick
Don't go Adam. Whatever caused this ain't worth it. You're bigger than it.
Goodbye - AlastairW
Blimey, I disappear for two weeks and now look whats happened. You'll be missed - if you can keep away!
Goodbye - PoloGirl
>It's got to be a lady, I can't see what else would make you leave...
Oh..now what was that quote about many a true word being spoken in jest?

>Don't go
He wont.
Goodbye - Avant
Well I too certainly hope not.

To make it fun, this forum needs people with a sense of humour, and you have the great asset, Adam of never taking yourself too seriously. I do hope you aren't thinking of leaving us because someone's upset you - if so, I'm sure it wasn't intended.

Stay around, stay in focus and keep out of the last-chance saloon.
Goodbye - Robin Reliant
Adam going...and no posts from Now wheels for ages.

Could it be.....?
--
Goodbye - Lud
Had a friend, a good pal and drinking companion who had connections, who just did a runner like that around 1960. He's dead now, but from one indication and another I got the impression he had been recruited by the spooks, either ours - that's what I hoped - or by someone else's.

Watch your back kid.
Goodbye - Lud
Good God. It was just some silly squabble about selling cars for a profit without paying tax then was it?

How can Thommo, one of the other old geezers, have been so offended that he's gone, as well as the very amusing and intelligent young man Adam?

Come back chaps! Just say sorry! They were only going by the book! It's why they're there!

They've censored me several times and I didn't mind. Nearly always understood why too. This isn't real life, it's the virtual world. There are rules. Does it matter if you don't know them all?

By the way, what do you have to do to be a moderator? Read every post and make a snap judgement on whether it's going to cause trouble or offence? Probably gets a bit boring sometimes, and a bit annoying. Very, even.

What are the wages?
Goodbye - Avant
Well spoken, m'Lud - spot on. The point was that this chap, new to us, was seeking advice about whether to sell cars from home. One of the really good things about the Backroom is that there are plenty of people experienced in relevant areas, and others who are happy to give advice based on common sense, and sometimes humour.

The weakness is that sometimes it gets out of hand, abusive or away from the subject, or all three: I don't want to sound like a creep but the mods - who as far as I know are volunteers doing this in their spare time - sometimes have to excise several posts just to get us back on topic. It seems a small price to pay for preserving a (mainly) very civilised forum.

We don't know of course if this is why Adam says he's leaving - but I would hope not, and let's all hope he reconsiders.
Goodbye - Dynamic Dave
What are the wages?

I keep asking the exact same question. It used to be an offer of a part share in a ploughmans, and a straw to share the pint. I once saw the pint, (briefly) but Mark was a faster slurper than me.

All the best Adam. I can't see you staying away for long though, IMHO.
Goodbye - Dalglish
... Oh..now what was that quote about many a true word being spoken in jest?

pg has confirmed my suspicions:
www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=46159&...e

good use of ammo - two kills in one thread (thommo being the other one).

Goodbye - Stargazer {P}
Adski/Adam

Best of luck wherever you are going

StarGazer
Goodbye - Citroënian {P}
DId I miss something? You'd be a miss around here big fella!

I'm with PU - have a kip, have a think and don't worry about coming back, we've all had spats on forums...

Anyhow, now who's going to organise the Chrimbo do in the Northwest, which I probably won't be able to attend... :0)

Good chatting to you forum-wise, mate

Comrades in dodgy coloured cars,
Lee

-- You know, it\'s not like changing toothpaste
Goodbye - bell boy
have a good life mate-------

you can always come back as' inkog netto' to upset the' liddle' crowd dont forget ;-)
Goodbye - Pugugly {P}
Where's RF when you want him ?
Goodbye - Lud
Where's RF when you want him ?

Gone a bit quiet last 48 hrs. Busy one hopes.
Goodbye - Stuartli
Adam, I'm truly sorry to learn this news, especially as you're one of the Good Guys.

I wish you luck, wealth and health at all times.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
Goodbye - component part
Shut the door on your way out..ta.
Goodbye - teabelly
So why are you leaving? Some of us missed the precipitating event. A tactful summary would do.... an untactful one would be even better ;-) Cue DD and his scissors.....
teabelly
Goodbye - Enoughalready
Is it me or is there something quite funny about the whole scenario?
Goodbye - Dalglish
So why are you leaving?

see my post above for a clue.

Goodbye - J Bonington Jagworth
Seems a shame. I hope you haven't been converted to cycling or something...
Goodbye - Enoughalready
I'm a member of another respectable forum. If someone over steps the mark a mod will PM the individual and take it away from the main to discuss/defuse the situation. I don't think anyone has been banned from there. This place needs a PM button.

Ford Anglia - have they all gone as well?<~~motoring link
Goodbye - rtj70
Sorry to see you feel you have to leave the forum. Enjoyed reading your posts in various threads.

You've not been a troll all these years and 7700+ posts and been found out have you ;-) Just joking.

If you are going/gone for good have a good life and all the best with the job searching. But I'm sure you'll pop back for a look once and a while.

Rob
Goodbye - FP
I'm not sure my fourpenn'orth will be welcomed, but it seems to me that Adam, though young, is quite old enough to decide if he wants to post here or not. (Privately I would agree that we are all a little worse off without him.) What is more disturbing, in a wider context, is why some people who post here get so uptight. We all know (or should know) that the internet can be a crude medium; it is particularly bad at conveying the sort of irony or humour that would soften otherwise harsh comments. The brevity of some posts comes over as bluntness. People's egos get bruised, probably too easily. Seen from the outside, you know, we're a bunch of sad, sad nerds hunched over our keyboards. There is much more to life than this!

Now, I'm not saying the Backroom is a complete waste of time. It is often informative, interesting, entertaining, helpful. But it is just an internet forum. People come, people go. People get upset. The moderators crack the whip. It's okay, guys - just lighten up! Life is out there, somewhere!
Goodbye - L'escargot
Adamski,

You're not the first person to say he wouldn't be back. He came back so don't you let pride get in your way either.
--
L\'escargot.
Goodbye - Armitage Shanks {p}
An excellent post from ChrisPeugeot which says it all really. I am not sure that I can see the point of leaving the forum, without stating a clear reason for why (so far as I can see) and making a bit of a drama about it with a curtain call. Leave and tell us why or leave silently and see if you your absence is noticed. At least you were LOADS more sensible than Boxer99 and Audiaudi. Good luck wherever you are and whatever you are doing.
Goodbye - Manatee
It's a shame to be driven away by 'moderation' - on balance I much prefer a moderated forum, so take the view that if a moderator has what I consider to be a pomposity attack it's their problem not mine.

Chris is right - Adam can make is own mind up, but shouldn't pack it in if it's somehting he enjoys.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Goodbye - MichaelR
Well thats not very good, who is going to help me provide a younger outlook on Motoring now!
Goodbye - Xileno {P}
Well Adam, good luck for the future. I enjoyed reading you rposts even if I didn't always agree with them.
Somewhere on this forum there's a post saying I would give you a contribution towards a ST220 if you got a First Class Degree. I wonder if my money's still safe ;-)
Goodbye - tyro
Bye Adam

Sorry that you are leaving. You've given us a lot of good posts.

Hope new job in military intelligence goes well. (I hope I'm allowed to say that!)

And you've also given us a great final thread. Fascinating to read all the speculation you've created (though, personally, I'm inclined to agree with Armitage Shanks on the whole business of how one leaves.)

Most ungentlemanly of some folk to suggest that you might have left because of the moderation. I've been reading your posts long enough to know that you are not that sort of chap.

And I look forward to your return when circumstances permit..
Goodbye - PoloGirl
If you're going to leave somewhere though, why not just leave? This place is essentially like a pub, in that there are some people who argue and have to agree to sit on different tables, some who just bumble along, chipping in when they have something useful to contribute and some who constantly disrupt the place with inane babble and putting stupid novelty songs on the jukebox.

The difference is that when people leave a pub, they just say a quiet good night and don't do a full on flounce and expect everyone in the pub to wish them a tearful goodnight.

I think this thread has probably run its course now.
Goodbye - cheddar
>>Goodbye>>

Pull the other one!
Goodbye - Happy Blue!
Adam

you can't leave me with just Borasport and Blue Haddock for company at the NW Back Room meet. I'll get fat!

EIII
--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?
Goodbye - mike hannon
No it hasn't, in spite of a moderator saying it. Good luck Adam, from the bloke at the far corner table with all the tetchy comments.
Goodbye - R75
That rather depends on why you left the pub, does it not PG? If you left after enjoying a few drinks with some friends after a sociable drink then people leave quietely. If however, you leave after some heated discussions whereby a the "School headmistress" has barracked you in a public place (using terms that quite frankly were totally unnecessary) then I think there is good cause to run a thread like this. Is it not better having a thread that says goodbye rather then a thread that goes on for weeks asking where a regular poster has gone!!!!!!

So personally I do not think this thread has run it's course.

Good luck Adam, your posts will be missed.
Goodbye - Dynamic Dave
So personally I do not think this thread has run it's course.

Well I think it has.

Adam has decided to leave of his own accord. Contrary to speculation made by others in this thread, it was his choice, not ours.

He has had the politness to say that he is leaving (although I hope this doesn't start a trend) and has mentioned that his email address is in his profile, should you wish to contact him (for those of you who don't know how to find that, you click on his username and a separate window will appear on your screens).

You can't deny Adam hasn't brought humour and mirth to the forum, and yes at times he also caused us to excercise our edit buttons. but as I have already mentioned, it was his choice to leave and we should all respect that decision.

I do however think it's time to lock this thread.

DD.