Visiting BCA Tomorrow - Advice needed - zek
Hi,

I am visiting an auction tomorrow and its been a while since I bought at auction (5yrs) and I am a little rusty regarding what goes on, - so I would be extremley greatful if someone could awnser a few queries I have:

- When a car is stated as being VAT qualifying ( its 3yrs old, 25k miles) is this incuded in the hammer price or added on top when time comes to pay?

- I have to pay 10% deposit on the vehicle at the rostrum - thats fine but as I do not want to carry large amounts of cash around is it possible to leave the car overnight and return the next day to settle the final bill - (with a bankers draft for example) or do i have to settle the bill there and then?

Thanks!

P.S. My first post here and id like to thank you for the great site - very informative.

Visiting BCA Tomorrow - Advice needed - Jamesh266
Hello,

Last time I bought a car at the BCA Blackbushe auction, the VAT was included in the hammer price - I think it is different for vans though.

You can leave the car there for up to 48 hours before you collect, and I think you can pay by debit card - in fact you cannot pay by cash if it is over £9000 - something to do with money laundering regulations.

Hope this helps.
Visiting BCA Tomorrow - Advice needed - Vin {P}
In terms of paying for the car, take your debit card. Pay a deposit at one of the windows when you arrive (They'll refund it if you don't buy anything). Pay the balance on your debit card. Insure the car over the phone, drive home hearing dozens of imaginary noises that make you sure you've bought a lemon.

V
Visiting BCA Tomorrow - Advice needed - Enoughalready
"drive home hearing dozens of imaginary noises that make you sure you've bought a lemon"

Haha, and I thought I was the only one!