Mondeo - duff speaker connection? - Waino
Yet another of those niggely little things that occasionally works/mostly doesn't on the old Mondy Mk2 - I guess it's at a comparable life stage to me! I reckon car years are like dog years i.e. seven car/dog years equals one man year.

The LHS front speaker cuts in and out - mostly out - and I suspect it could be due to a poor connection behind the door panel. I'm afraid that, as it's my old company car, I never got round to owning a Haynes manual for it - and it has now reached the stage where I wonder if it's worth it.

I had a go at taking off the inner door panel, but something seemed to be holding it towards the top. I'm relucting to give it too good a wrench as I'll probably ruin it. Has anyone got the method for removing the door panel to get at the speaker or, is it possible to prise off the speaker cover without removing the whole of the panel? Does 'dodgy speaker connection on Mondeo' ring a bell with anyone else? Cheers
Mondeo - duff speaker connection? - Waino
I reckon car years are like dog years i.e. seven car/dog years equals one man year.

Oops - I meant one car/dog year equals 7 man years!
Mondeo - duff speaker connection? - caesar
When i bought my mondeo in i think it was 99 (98 2.0 ghia) i took it back because the drivers front used to come in and out of working.Cant remember how he took it apart but i know when he took off the connector and reconnected it again it never gave me any more trouble. The door handle back light gave up the ghost after it had been put back together but a good slam of the door and away it worked again,Weird!!
Nice car but i sold it in the end because different parts of the suspension kept needing to be replaced.
Just to kick me in the teeth two days before my new car was due the battery blew up in morrisons carpark.That was scary i can tell you,acid everywhere.