gardner engines - bell boy
Last chance to buy a Gardner diesel

Paul Gardner Engineering Ltd has stopped re-manufacturing Gardner diesel engines and has appointed Edward Symmons to auction its plant and equipment. The sale, on 21 November, will include the stock of engines and parts, some of which date back to the 1940s. The engines were first made by Gardner for truck, bus, rail, marine and industrial use. Paul Gardner set up the current company in 1988 and it has re-manufactured more than 3,500 engines in the past 18 years.This may be one of the last chances to buy Gardner engines and spare parts,says Jonathan Garside, of Edward Symmons. It should appeal to bus operators, the historic commercial vehicle world, boat owners and and enthusiasts in general.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>another piece of our past consigned to history
gardner engines - Kevin
What are Greek water taxis going to do now?

Kevin...
a gardner ran all the funfairs at one time ,ask your dad ;-)
gardner engines - Pugugly {P}
The engines themselves will still be running when we've all long gone.
Dead right they can run at 2000 revs 24 /7- 365 days a year -for just basic maintainance- the 'best of british'
gardner engines - local yokel
Much used by RN picket boats - I can still hear them now.
gardner engines - Altea Ego
Gardner?

Only fit for road rollers and generators.

Cummims NTA855R - now there is an engine that sounds good at speed and will rack up a few million miles

------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
gardner engines - Hamsafar
As a child I had a Gardner piston on my windowsill as an ornament. It was all beadblasted and clean.
gardner engines - Lud
I've got the crowns of two Pratt&Whitney Wasp aero-engine pistons, sawn through the axis of the conrod little-end pin hole, as ashtrays. My parents had them from the 1940s.

Further to the op, what happened to Perkins?
gardner engines - local yokel
www.perkins.com/ - still going strong.
gardner engines - commerdriver
Gardner?
Only fit for road rollers and generators.

interesting one, Practical Classics recently had an article on a Mk 9 Jaguar with a Gardner diesel installed, reckoned it waqs good for 118 mph in its heyday
gardner engines - defender
good engines ,the 5 cylinder could have 2 cylinders shut down to save fuel if it wasnt working too hard