Yellow Line Parking Fine - Jonathan {p}

A driver was shocked when he got a parking ticket - and that yellow lines under his car had been painted while he was parked.

www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/s/224/224503_...l

{Small amount of text added from the news report, so people can decide whether to click on the link or not - DD}
Yellow Line Parking Fine - Chris S
There was a thing on TV recently about people getting off parking tickets on technicalities - the lines have to have a bar painted at the end (etc).

The yellow line in the picture doesn't because they've left gaps where the tyre where. Could he get off the fine this way?
Yellow Line Parking Fine - smallfish
He's kind of admitted guilt, or at least knowing that the gap in the yellow line was only there because of a previous road repair:-
------
Drivers have been parking in a gap in the line on Chapel Street, which had been left after roadworks. When workmen first turned up to repaint it, a parked car meant they had to leave a short stretch unmarked.
"People have been taking advantage of that gap," said Mr Khan

Mr Khan said he felt "conned" to have ticket after parking his Toyota MR2 in what he thought was a legitimate space.
------

He also claims he had to buy a set of tyres for £550 because the machine damaged his - If his car has been damaged then I think fair enough he should be entitled to claim that - but £550 for 2 tyres..?! Sounds like he's trying ot on a bit.
Yellow Line Parking Fine - audiaudi
550 is a fair price for two branded tyres of top spec.

Re the yellow lines - they have to be close/T'd at both ends and run unbroken - otherwise appeal and reclaim your parking fine. I've never done it as i can't take the hassel but 2 people in my office are regulars at it.
Yellow Line Parking Fine - PhilW
"550 is a fair price for two branded tyres of top spec"
For an MR2????
Oh come on, be reasonable
--
Phil
Yellow Line Parking Fine - Dynamic Dave
550 is a fair price for two branded tyres of top spec.

Ferrari maybe, but for something as humble as a Toyota MR2?

Yellow Line Parking Fine - audiaudi
Phil and Dave

I stand corrected as Included the price of the wheels as well.
Yellow Line Parking Fine - Micky
One break means that there is no parking restriction over the remaining length of the yellow line. Yipeee!!