Checking tax/last changed owner - bbroomlea{P}
Seem to remember a link to the dvla?? that once you put in your reg number it brought up when the car was last taxed and when it last changed ownership.

I cannot find it on their website and done a forum search on here and cant find the link either.

Does it still exist?
Checking tax/last changed owner - bell boy
www.vehiclelicence.gov.uk/EvlPortalApp/
Checking tax/last changed owner - Wales Forester
oldman's link will give you the tax aspect.

For previous keepers (though not necessarily up to date) try; www.rac.co.uk/web/vehiclechecks/dvla_lookup/
Checking tax/last changed owner - Chas{P}
The RAC checker is out of date. I bought my present car in March 2004 and it doesn't reflect that.
--
Was Charles {P} but someone c o p i e d my name with spaces.
Yeah it is a bit hit and miss unfortunately.
On saying that, I ran through the reg numbers of some friends and family's vehicles in a bored moment recently and they all came back right, so worth a try.
Checking tax/last changed owner - Hamsafar
Pft, that RAC one is useless,I still own my last car, and my new one doesn't even exist!
As an alternative, you can check make, model and engine capacity by following the 'Status Checks' link on the left hand menu whilst on the RAC page. This appears to use a different database. Handy if you know the reg but not the make.
Checking tax/last changed owner - bell boy

As said the rac change of keeper details is basically useless (it is good to confirm a free model spec and cc check though before you do a full hpi)
Even hpi is bad if you depend on it for the amount of previous keepers as it is very often wrong