306 D Turbo - Fuel Starvation. - Magician
I have just done a head gasket on a 306 D Turbo. Everything is back together but the car wont start. From what I can tell everything seems to be in order, I had originally suspected the glowplugs but these have been changed and a recent checked showed them to be operating fine, I have a burn to prove it!!

Now as the car hasnt started when I withdraw the glowplug would I be correct in assuming that I should be able to see diesel on the glowplug, but at the mo they are dry, could this mean that I am not getting fuel through to the combustion chamber?

If so any advice?

Many thanks
Danny
306 D Turbo - Fuel Starvation. - glowplug
Have you tried 'cracking' the pipes on the injectors and turning the engine over to check for fuel and bleed the system? Is the injector pump getting power to the fuel cut off device?

Steve.
---
Xantia HDi.

Buy a Citroen and get to know the local GSF staff better...
"Cracked" the pipes and let the air out and now getting a nice supply of diesel. Not sure bout the power to the pump though. The fuel cut off is the big red button?
Not sure if this has anything to do with it, but after every attempt to start the car the primer bulb goes really soft.

You squeeze it till it goes frim and then after trying to start can go through it all again?
306 D Turbo - Fuel Starvation. - autumnboy
Are you sure the timimg is correct.

When you are turning it over to start, is there any sign of smoke from the exhaust. If there is, then you're getting fuel.

Are your heater plugs working. To test them, get a headlamp bulb with two bits of wire and connect one end to earth(engine/body or neg terminal on batt) and the other to any of the plug connections. When switched on the lamp should glow for approx 20secs. Or use a voltmeter. If it lights up or you have voltage, then thats ok.

Is the imobliser operating correctly if fitted.

The main thing are you sure the timing is right, if out one tooth on the pump it will not start or if out the Cam it could clash with the valves and pistons.

306 D Turbo - Fuel Starvation. - glowplug
If you're getting fuel out of the injector pipes then the fuel cut off valve must be working OK. Doe the engine seem to have good compression? Is it hard to turn over using a socket on the crank nut? Or do you have access to a diesel compression tester? Is there no sign of life at all, any emission from the exhaust?

Supposing the timing was now 180 degrees out, fuel in on the exhaust stroke?

You could try here for more help - www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/

Steve.
---
Xantia HDi.

Buy a Citroen and get to know the local GSF staff better...