A expensive battery replacement - Alvin Booth
My friend is looking for a replacement battery for his Renault Megane Scenic diesel 1900 turbo 1998.
The battery on this vehicle is under the drivers seat and must be according to Renault a Gel filled battery for safety reasons.
These are very expensive but only carry a 12 month warranty.
The make of battery he has to replace is a Fulman STR.
has anyone any experience of this and is there any other manufacturer of these types of battery.
regards

Alvin Booth
Re: A expensive battery replacement - Dave N
Whatever your man does for his battery, please tell him not to just pull the leads without maintaining power to the rest of the system, usually through the fag lighter. In my travels doing car a/c I have come across all sorts of busted alarms, ecu's, climate control ecu's, airbags, abs etc. caused by batteries being disconected, and sometimes even just flat ones. If problems do arise, it can get quite time consuming following the manufacturers procedures for reconnection (if you can get them), plus very expensive with blown electronics.

It's not like the good old days when you could do what you pleased with batteries. It is even dangerous to jump start some vehicles, as the power surge can blow electronics.

This should be a warning to all readers before disconecting batteries, go to a dealer (and it's not often I reccommend that!) or buy a fag lighter device and use that.
Re: A expensive battery replacement - Alvin Booth
Hi Dave,
Thanks for the info I will pass it on to him.

regards

Alvin Booth
Re: A expensive battery replacement - Dave N
Whatever your man does for his battery, please tell him not to just pull the leads without maintaining power to the rest of the system, usually through the fag lighter. In my travels doing car a/c I have come across all sorts of busted alarms, ecu's, climate control ecu's, airbags, abs etc. caused by batteries being disconected, and sometimes even just flat ones. If problems do arise, it can get quite time consuming following the manufacturers procedures for reconnection (if you can get them), plus very expensive with blown electronics.

It's not like the good old days when you could do what you pleased with batteries. It is even dangerous to jump start some vehicles, as the power surge can blow electronics.

This should be a warning to all readers before disconecting batteries, go to a dealer (and it's not often I reccommend that!) or buy a fag lighter device and use that.