Missing Vehicle Licence disc - BobL
A company vehicle which is essentially used as a pool car does not have a current tax disc. Employee tasked with putting new disc in car managed to lose it . I looked on the DVLA site which shows that the tax was renewed but is it legal to drive the car whilst waiting for a new disc to come through from head office. I do not fancy getting fined etc for failing to display tax disc. Does anyone know the position on this?
Missing Vehicle Licence disc - Adam {P}
I *think* there are two offences. One for not displaying a valid task disc and one for not actually having task. By all accounts, the latter is much more serious than the former.
Missing Vehicle Licence disc - Westpig
Adam, is correct......... the fact that it is truly taxed will be on the DVLA (and eventually police) database, so even if a warden or something submitted a form to report the offence, the fact that it is taxed would negate the need for prosecution as the offence that is left... 'failing to display' ........is quite minor.

This the theory..... and has worked for me for over 8 years, as i keep my motorcycle tax in my jacket pocket, so it doesn't get wet or stolen, but i could produce it if stopped....... although strictly speaking, it is still an offence not to display it, albeit you would have to be severely hard done by to be prosecuted for that..

Missing Vehicle Licence disc - Armitage Shanks {p}
Hmmmm! In the present climate Westpig - see you in court tomorrow! I hope not of course!
Missing Vehicle Licence disc - Westpig
so do i........ question is, would i eat humble pie and inform you lot on here?
Missing Vehicle Licence disc - Pugugly {P}
One offence only that of failing to display a tax dixc. Used to be bookable on a Fixed Penalty ticket, not seen one brought on in ages. I would get your admin to sort out a duplicate, I wouldn't worry about it.
Missing Vehicle Licence disc - doug_r1
If it's all on the dvla computer why should we need to display them?