wheel rumble juddering - mk2 Golf - 3dr16valvemk2
i got a mk2 golf 16 vale gti , when i turn right and accelerate i get a wheel rumble ( feels like a flat tyre) it also happens when you go in a straight line but not as much , i thought it was c.v joints as it only happens when you put a load on the wheels(accelerate) and if you dip the clutch or take it out of gear the rumble goes away( even when turning right, i am currently changing the wheel bearing hoping its that but i would have thought that would be cosntant thing acelerating or not. has anyone else come across this problem . pretty sure its not tracking as no tyre scub , calipers are not sticking and discs are not warped, could it be a worn bush, worn steering rack or even a gear box problem as i dont really think its a bearing , any suggestions??
p.s ive already changed cv joints didnt help
wheel rumble juddering - mk2 Golf - steveo3002
those cars suffer with self detructing diffs ...could it possibly come from the gearbox?

wheel rumble juddering - mk2 Golf - Number_Cruncher
those cars suffer with self detructing diffs ...could it possibly come
from the gearbox?

Yes, I agree, the diff bearings would be high on my checklist. Thankfully, they aren't a bad job to change - if you get there before the crown wheel tilts overs and begins to machine the casing away!!

Number_Cruncher
sorry i forgot to say its only on one wheel the left, it gets worse when i put presssure on it turning right but only when accelerating , when i turn left and take pressure off it goes away completly. could this still be the diff bearings , i know it sounds like classic wheel bearing but it goes away, even when turning right at speed aslong as i dont accelerate .wouldnt the diff bearings be noisy wether u turn or not?
wheel rumble juddering - mk2 Golf - steveo3002
you could put the front on axle stands and spin each wheel, one should sound n feel nasty if the bearings gone

you could even run it in gear if your really carefull
wheel rumble juddering - mk2 Golf - scfc_151
i had this problem on a 306. It turned out to be the inner cv joint where the tripod joint goes into the gearbox. This had some lateral play in it and was comming away from the gearbox slightly.