HJ's last auction report... - Mark (Brazil)
John.

Why would a brand new car (5 or 6 miles on the clock) be n the auction at all ?

Mark.
Re: HJ's last auction report... - sam
cos u buy it in europe cheaper than they cost in uk

bring it over

sell it to a hungry market

and take a few quid out

simple free markey economics

if u get it right there is a few bob to be made
Re: HJ's last auction report... - sam
oh and if you bring it over loaded up with booze and fags u can make even more money of course i would not agree with any such actions, and im sure all those trailers on the ferry are carrying no such stuff
Re: HJ's last auction report... - Mark (Brazil)
unusual writing style you have Sam, and yet strangely familiar.

Care to comment ?
Re: HJ's last auction report... - Andy Bairsto
Just think Mark if you could get vehicles into Brasil without the tax
Re: HJ's last auction report... - Andy Bairsto
So you noticed as well Mark
Re: HJ's last auction report... - Honest John
Apparently there were some 02 reg Golfs as well on Monday. But could be the importer of these got his fingers burned by VW's latest price cuts. Brand new VW Golfs with 3 year UK warranties now start at under £10k. See the website news.

HJ
Re: who is sam - Mark England
his e-mail seems dodgy too.
Re: who is sam - Threaded View
All this name changing stuff is going completely bananas.

TV
Re: who is sam - Newer Topic
See what I mean?

NT
Re: HJ's last auction report... - TG
It's about time BCA let private punters view thier auction lists.

Currently the only way to determine whether they have a car worth travelling for, (a 3 hour round trip for me), is by paying £1 a minute for thier faxback service. Last time I used it, it took 20 mins to download the list for Hall 1 at Blackbushe
The truth is, if you are after a very rare make and model and you find out from the lists that one example is coming up at an auction, then you will almost inevitably pay too much for it. That's the way auctions work. But if you know, for example, there's a Ford ex-rental sale coming up, then you could have 100 chances to bid on make and model you want, and 100 opportunities to get out of the bidding if it's going too high. You don't need a list beforehand for this.

HJ
Re: HJ's last auction report... - Steve G
Why did a rental company put 12 Fiat Punto's thru BCA this week all had 10 miles on the clock, strange thing was they were on Y plates ?
Where have these cars been ??
They must have never actually got to put them out to hirers. It will be interesting to see what happens with the FIAT Stilo. Will private punters actually buy it? Or will it have to be turned into a goof value second-hand car via the rental fleets the way the Uno, Tipo, Punto, Brava, Bravo, etc all have been?

HJ
Re: HJ's last auction report... - Steve G
'goof value' ,more trade slang HJ ? ;-)