New model 2003 Accord Timing belt/chain? - Blue {P}
I've just about asked the question in the title, does the 2003 2.0 I-VTEC Accord have a timing belt or timing chain?

How often does the belt require changing and what are likely costs?

Thanks in advance!

Blue
New model 2003 Accord Timing belt/chain? - P 2501
I think these are all chain cam now.
New model 2003 Accord Timing belt/chain? - Dude - {P}
H.J. takes the trouble to list this excellent thread in his FAQ`s - pity more people did`nt read this valuable section before posting superfluous questions.

www.honestjohn.co.uk/faq/faq.htm?id=54
New model 2003 Accord Timing belt/chain? - Blue {P}
Well I'm terribly sorry to have wasted your valuable time Dude, why not go and use it to help someone else instead?

Merely asking as I checked the Car-By-Car breakdown and it wasn't mentioned (didn't think of FAQ), on another forum someone was whinging about chainging his Accord timing belt (the reference was to new style Accords) Can you possibly understand why I was a little confused?

Blue
New model 2003 Accord Timing belt/chain? - Dynamic Dave
Whilst in some respects I can understand Blue's terse reply, I do hope that this won't escalate into an argument between the pair of you.

DD.
New model 2003 Accord Timing belt/chain? - wemyss
Don't know about the latest ones Blue but my nephew has a 1999 one (I think) and he was talking about having to have his cambelt changed soon as he was coming up to about 70K.
Perhaps a Honda forum would be useful !.
New model 2003 Accord Timing belt/chain? - jc2
Why doesn't someone ask Honda;I asked them for details of an elderly motor-cycle and received an owner's manual by return of post and for free.
New model 2003 Accord Timing belt/chain? - grease monkey
right blue,honda accord 2002 onwards , petrol & diesel models all have a cam chain & require no attention.as a matter of fact the only car in honda`s new range at the moment which has a cam belt is the 1.7 litre FRV & the new v6 legend, other than that they are all cam chain engines.
New model 2003 Accord Timing belt/chain? - bell boy
grease monkey are you the same man that wouldnt repair a bmw timing chain in situ? and would strip the whole lot down? no offence ,just curious
New model 2003 Accord Timing belt/chain? - grease monkey
sorry oldman,im strictly a honda man, you must have mistaken me for someone else,no offence taken
--
if it aint broke don`t fix it