indicator noise - 1999 Vectra - hackett
hi
this might be a daft question but my wife and i can not hear the indicators clicking noise when they are working so we keep leaving them on ,i know they turn off them self but sometimes they dont .how can i solve this as the indicator lights on the dash are not that bright in the day on my 99 vectra.so i need a louder clicking noise.

cheers all dave
indicator noise - Adam {P}
Hi Dave,

The clicky noise of the indicators used to be down to a relay - they might still be but I know a lot of cars nowadays have them computer controlled - whether that's in lieu of a relay or not I dont' know (someone will soon though!) . The end of your post is a bit confusing - do you mean that the indicators are actually making a noise but you want them louder or that there is no noise at all? If the latter, a new relay would probably sort you out.

Wait before you buy one though - I've been wrong an awful lot in the past!

Adam
indicator noise - Screwloose
hackett

Common problem for years on noisy commercials and tractors. Fortunately there's a simple answer.

Just get a small round screw-top tin [tobacco tin; airgun-pellet tin etc] and glue or screw any ordinary relay to the lid. Connect relay terminals 85 and 86 to the left and right indicator circuits respectively and then, when the indictors flash, the relay will click. Won't be switching anything - but I'll guarantee you'll hear it! Fill the tin with wadding to adjust the sound level to your personal taste.
indicator noise - 1999 Vectra - John S
12v buzzer from Maplin or similar, wired to the terminal which drives the dashboard indicator will do the trick. Get one of the encapsulated plastic ones with the grille and adjust the volume by taping over the grill as required.

JS
indicator noise - 1999 Vectra - MikeTorque
We have the same problem with our Ford Focus's II, can't hear the indicator clicks when traveling along the open road. Why can't there be some sort of volume control or noise sensor to auto-increase/decrease the clicking volume based on ambient noise fitted as standard ?

Anyone got any ideas on how to increase the clicking sound for a Ford Focus ?