Punto head gasket replacement - GenevaJohn
Been 6 months since had head-gasket. water pump, thermostat, cooling fliuid and cam-belt replaced on the 2001 punto.(at 75 ,000 kms) Would love to change it for something Japanese but as I'm just about to buy a flat and will be totally skint for some time, I'd like it to last, for another two years if possible. If it's scrap after that time, I'm not bothered. So, is this an unrealistic expectation, or do I need to get rid of it when the 1 year warranty is up in 6 months time??

If that was a bit rambling, in short - can I expect to get two and a half years (45,000 kms) from a replacement head gasket (and associated bits), assuming the FIAT main dealer knew what thay were doing???

And, anyone being seduced by the nice looking new Grand Punto needs to look at the customer satisfaction surveys - manufacturers don't generally make big jumps up the tables with new models. I'm sure the Grand Punto is lovely to drive and well-priced, but you know it's true qualities for some years.

Any first-hand feed-back on my first question much appreciated.
Punto head gasket replacement - bell boy
there is no reason the head gasket should go again,my advice as always is treat a motor with respect (ie no thrashing etc) and most engines will pay you back with longevity...............
have the antifreeze changed or topped up after 12 months if it makes you feel better........