please choose me a bike carrying vehicle - likerocks
Any ideas for the following requirements:

Used for <8k
Reasonable fuelling and running costs (150 mile weekly commuting)
Decent acceleration and cornering performance
Able to take 2 adult mountain bikes with the minimum of dismantling (front wheel out ok)
Don't mind open "pick-up" style storage, not too keen on 4x4 image though

A workmate found a VW Caddy 105PS TDI which is perfect, but they seem to be in short supply and none of the equivalent vehicles (Transit Connect / Pug / Citroen small vans) seem to offer the same kind of perfrormance

I saw an ex-aussie Ford Falcon v8 2wd pickup on auto trader, but it was LPG only and I get the feeling that fuel prices won't be in its favour much longer....
please choose me a bike carrying vehicle - gsb
Am I missing something here, but what is wrong with a good tow bar mounted bike rack or a decent size estate car?
please choose me a bike carrying vehicle - Victorbox
The new Corsa apparently has a bike carrier that pulls out of the rear bumper like a drawer when needed and completely disappears when not in use. I assume it's an option not standard fit.
please choose me a bike carrying vehicle - Brit_in_Germany
How about an MPV with an internal bike holder. I think the Zafira has one as an extra and the others probably do too.

BIG
please choose me a bike carrying vehicle - Gromit {P}
The new Skoda Roomster comes with a bike carrying rack as an option in the load bay, if that's of any help?
please choose me a bike carrying vehicle - Wilco {P}
Any medium size estate will get 2 bikes in the back and meet the acceleration/cornering requirements. Van type cars are also a good bet for this type of use (Berlingo/Kangoo etc).