Citroen C5 estate, noise when turning. - Timaru
Hi All - my '03 2.2 HDi estate has started making an intermittent
noise when turning into side roads and the like, when stationary you
can turn the wheels from lock to lock in silence but when on the move
a low noise a bit like a rough sounding engine can be heard.

When I put it in the garage the other night it was fine the next day
this started. It had new Primacy HPs 215/55/16 on the fronts about 200
miles ago.

Any thoughts welcome, thanks in advance, Jon.

Citroen C5 estate, noise when turning. - Railroad.
It could be a stone caught between the brake disc and backplate. Try driving forward and reverse a few times, and on both left and right lock to see if it drops out which they often do.

Try that before booking it into the garage....
Thanks for that Railroad, it never crossed my mind it could be something that simple (the noise is what I'd expect from a trapped stone) I'll give it a try tomorrow when I get back: fingers crossed.

Thanks again, Jon.
Citroen C5 estate, noise when turning. - Mondaywoe
The C5 has plastic 'deflector' plates that seem to be either for protecting the calipers from incoming missiles or altering the airflow to promote better cooling. It's quite possible that one of these has become dislodged - probably when your new tyres were fitted (!!) Worth removing front wheels and checking for fouling. Could be any sort of thing really - even plastic wheel arch liners dangling!

Could also be something caught between the two halves of vented discs, stones etc in wheeltrims etc.

Check driveshaft boots etc while you're in there........

Graeme
Thanks for the input Graeme - I'll try the quick fix first and if that fails I'll er........ get some one to take the wheels off.