BMW 320d fuel/oil leak - willisbmw
My recently purchased 51 plate 320d touring (30k with full BMWSH) has been dropping small quantities of what I believe is either diesel or oil on my drive. There is also a strong smell of diesel coming through air con when sitting at junction etc. Are these 2 issues likely to be linked? I saw an item on this website about a known issue on 320d of this age saying fuel pump and filters are likely to need changing)

The car was purchased from Lloyds Bank Car Select and came with full warranty. Have booked car in for check at the warranty firms chosen garage - but this is not a BMW garage. Do you think I am better going to a BMW garage to get the problem diagnosed in case this is the 'known issue' referred to above?

All input greatly appreciated
BMW 320d fuel/oil leak - Armitage Shanks {p}
I think it would always be best to take a BMW to a BMW dealership, if you have a choice and unless you can find a good independent. I find it very odd that your warranty company would want you take it elsewhere! Is this 'other place' going to have all the computer hook ups and the expertise to deal with a problem, always assuming that they can even identify it?
thx for reply - this was exactly my thinking/concern - but I think the warranty co has a set of 'approved' garages who they use - and presumably franchised BMW dealers arent competitive with small independents etc.

As I want the work done under warranty I suppose I have no choice so I will just have to hope the problem is easy to identify/resolve.

Does anyone have any ideas on whether the 2 symptoms (leak and smell from a/con) are likely to be linked?
BMW 320d fuel/oil leak - Armitage Shanks {p}
My uninformed guess would be a fuel leak in the engine bay, thus fumes getting into a/c thru fresh air intake. Does the smell diminish if you put the a/c onto recirculate? Obviously it would take time as you would be recirculating smelly air but you could open the widows for a few minutes, to change the air, and then recirculate the fresh stuff, if you follow me??!!
good idea - thanks, will try that.