Buying a New Car Plus Insurance Question - crimsonsky
I just wondering if I could tap into some Honest John motoring brains .

I am a Irish Republic citizen but I am going to college in Belfast in September . I just wanted to know does anyone know if its possible to purchase a new UK car and insure the car from my college address in Belfast. What documents would I require to do this . Also when your buying a new car does the dealer sort out the motor tax or do I need to send it of . Do I just pay for it and send it of to the Belfast office or they require further documentation eg utility bills etc from my uk address. Also what month do UK car registration 2007 start. Is it in January if so what would car registered in September have on it "06 or 66"

Cheers in advance for any help.

Buying a New Car Plus Insurance Question - Falkirk Bairn
The pre-tax cars sold in Eire are less expensive than Mainland UK Cars - hence some cars sold in the UK are imports from Eire. Often people in NI buy in the South, bring it North and regsiter it in NI. However the Special Offers from NI dealers differ from the UK as a whole so it might be worth looking at what offers are on in NI for brand new cars.

As Insurance costs are Very High in both NI and the South many NI offers can include insurance. These offers can distort the price of nearly new cars in the NI market.

I doubt if the taxation people will accept halls of residence as registration address but they will not know if a privately rented flat is just a temporary address.