The girlfriends wonderful mind - adam f
sher recently had to have new discs,pads,tyres and tracking costing around £300 and the poor girl was devastaded at having to spend that out and not being able to get a new pair of shoes or something new to wear.
so this is why i am astounded at the way she drives her car around. she takes speed humps at about 50mph, and wonders why i get mad explaining that new supension aint cheap. her car is diesel and starts it straight up with out waiting for the dash lights to go off,then wonders why it sometimes dont start first time.
when i question her on this her reply was
"the man at renault didnt tell me what to do"
i am constaly filling up her washer fluid (not leaking she just loves using it) and washing it.

are all women like this even after we try to point them in the right direction, even my sisters are like this.
The girlfriends wonderful mind - Altea Ego
She has you well trained mate.
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
The girlfriends wonderful mind - Armitage Shanks {p}
It must be something to do with your influence Adam. The common factor in this collection of batty ladies is YOU!. There are no speed bumps in places where it is legal to do 50 mph so she perhaps has issues with complying with the law as well. In the end they are just women - love them or leave them, or get them to read the handbook and start doing weekly checks on the car!
The girlfriends wonderful mind - mss1tw
Just let her get on with it...if she wants to trash her owm motor it's up to her isn't it, less money for shoes etc though...

My other half is one of the best drivers I know, by the way - so this whole "It's just women etc etc" doesn't wash with me - she's just driving like a pleb.
The girlfriends wonderful mind - Peter D
'when i question her on this her' you questioned her, if she reads this thread your dead. Regards Peter
The girlfriends wonderful mind - Ian G
yes, but the chances of such a girl logging onto a car based technical forum are about as likely as one filling up her washer fluid....
The girlfriends wonderful mind - Hamsafar
That's you job to help her Adam and attend to such needs as washer fluids, would you tell her how to faff about with cosmetics and stuff?
The girlfriends wonderful mind - mare
Think yourself lucky, Adam. Someone's going to end up with Nicky
from Big Brother.

||||||||||||||||Large earthquake sized shudder|||||||||||||||||||||

Yikes!
The girlfriends wonderful mind - AlastairW
Hang on. Lets get this straight. You guys actually WATCH Big Brother? And I thought I was sad!
The girlfriends wonderful mind - Greg R
The way I see it is to try and understand girlfriends. She drives fast because it makes her feel good, she can and lets face it, who thinks months ahead when they are young. Just a young mind and that probably makes her exciting.

I on the other hand think about the future, and look where I hang around!!!
The girlfriends wonderful mind - bathtub tom
Whenever the missus asks me to do anything girlie, I ask her 'which side of the car is the petrol filler?' She last tried to fill up 15 years ago, and managed to get 2 litres in! I only know because there's a little arrow on the petrol gauge - the most useful device I've had for years.
The girlfriends wonderful mind - PoloGirl
>are all women like this even after we try to point them in the right direction,

No - the vast majority of bad drivers I know are men.

>yes, but the chances of such a girl logging onto a car based technical forum are about as likely as >one filling up her washer fluid....

...which I did just minutes ago, before fitting new wiper blades and wondering whether I should change another wheel bearing today or wait until the weekend.

...must stop biting at threads like this. :)

The girlfriends wonderful mind - Alan
Unfortunately I think a lot of women are like this as most of them have no "mechanical sympathy".
When I see lady owner quoted in private adds I wonder because I wouldn,t want to buy a car from a number of women I know.