06 Picasso, software issue or feature? - pmh
After having a 1000 mile first service I discovered that the remote locking would not function until approx 8s after turning the ignition off and removing the key. ( The battery symbol remained alight during this time). Some Ign (inc radio and elect windows)operated accessories continue to operate during this time.

After a 150mile trip today the car has now reverted to its original behaviour! ie Turn Ign key off and remove and all Ign operated devices are immediately turned off, (and CL works straight away)!

Had a software upgrade been done?
How is this mode selected? have I accidentally invoked it?
Can this timer fuction be modified to a lower setting?

Is this documented anywhere? It is a useful feature if the time delay is probably about 3 secs, particularly for the electric windows! I can find no reference in the handbook.

Probably the same feature exists on other Citroens.

(I have posted this on www.citroenpicasso.org.uk/picasso/index.php?showto...7 , but no useful comments to date!)

--

pmh (was peter)

06 Picasso, software issue or feature? - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
Colleague had a Citroen Xsara or Xantia with the bus wiring system. Lots of things started switching at unwanted intervals. He claimed that at one stage it took 10 seconds for the headlights to dip once the switch was moved.
Sold it before the warranty ran out. Problem was never rectified.
So, report it to the garage now and book your appointment. Keep the non-Citroen loan car.
--
I wasna fu but just had plenty.
06 Picasso, software issue or feature? - LeePower
It would have been a Xsara II.

The Picasso issue sounds like a dodgy software bug, Multiplexed Peugeot / Citroen cars do suffer from odd bugs from time to time,
A software update or just rebooting the car 99.9% of the time cures it.

Let the main dealer plug it in & see what shows up on the system, Its under warranty let Citroen pick up the bill.
06 Picasso, software issue or feature? - Hamsafar
Sounds like you envoked an unhandled exception in buggy french firmware! LOL :)
I have finally sorted this out! (Thanks to kfk from www.citroenpicasso.org.uk for his input).

It is the the Nokia CARK91 kit plugged into the cigarette lighter that causes it to go into the delayed Ign off mode!

I would be interested to know if the same thing happens to other cars or is a quirk of this individual vehicle?

The current drain must be very low. I will try to get round to measuring it later, interesting that the picasso monitors (and can react badly) to this situation. Why cant it use its intelligence sensibly? Wouldn't it be a good idea if it monitored the windows current and delayed switching off the supply if Ign goes off as windows are closing!

--

pmh (was peter)

06 Picasso, software issue or feature? - jc2
On Scorpios you could close(but not open) the electric windows with the ignition off,but only with the door open;I don't think many people knew that.
06 Picasso, software issue or feature? - robcars
That scorpio feature is standard on a lot of cars!
06 Picasso, software issue or feature? - jc2
Could you tell us which ones ,please.
06 Picasso, software issue or feature? - Pugugly {P}
Mid 90s Vauxhalls. (we had an N plate Astra in the fmily which did this)
06 Picasso, software issue or feature? - LeePower
Early E & F reg Peugeot 405s also could open & close the windows & work the sunroof too.

No key in ignition but a door open is all that was needed to power the circuit up.

06 Picasso, software issue or feature? - Altea Ego
The CARK91 is not supposed to be plugged into the ciggy lighter. It is designed to run off a dedicated battery feed.
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
TVM

just as well that I didnt wire it permanently into the cig lighter feed then!

It has been suggested that the reason it holds up the ign circuit, is that a large value electrolytic capacitor on the CARK91 retains charge sufficiently long for the current sensing circuitry to become confused. This in turn then holds the ign circuit on for a delay period. I will try a diode in series with the power feed to see if this takes away the problem. Apparently the problem has also been seen on some citroens when running inverters from the cig socket. These things are becoming too intelligent!

--

pmh (was peter)