What car to get the girls? - stunorthants
Just curious what cars have been instrumental in getting any of you guys attention from the ladies?

One presumes ( if my neighbour is anything to go by ) that if your a teenage lad, you take one Corsa, fit a piece of your dads drainpipe where the exhaust should be
( checking a cat hasnt gone to sleep in it before you start the engine ) and put a stereo in it worth three times the cars value with that extra half turn on the volume only the under 20's can find.
That seems to work for my neighbour who has many girls hanging off his arm, though not what you would call classy girls by any stretch.

Ive always found an Aston DB7 gets quite a few pretty faces looking at it ( a mate has one ).
What car to get the girls? - NowWheels
The young lad across the road from me has a bog-standard twelve-year-old Fiesta. No go-fast stripes, nothing at all to distinguish his car from dozens of others old cars.

But he has the girls queueing up for him, and he never seems to drive alone. I put it down to him being one of he nicest and most thoughtful people I have ever met.
What car to get the girls? - local yokel
Daughter #1 (of 3) has a battered Mk1 Punto, in a shocking metallic pink.

She managed to persuade two boys to go away with her for a couple of days surfing in S Wales. So keen were they that they sat together in the back seat, sharing the back seat with the tail of her surfboard, while the front of the board sat in the reclined front passenger seat and footwell.
What car to get the girls? - Altea Ego
There you go Stu, proof that to get the girls you need to be in touch with your thoughtful caring sharing feminine side.

Now about that purple Ka.....
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
What car to get the girls? - stevied
From my dim and distant teenage years, I seem to recall that girls don't like "nice" lads. Probably why I did so well... : )
What car to get the girls? - Hamsafar
In my day (16 years ago) I remember they used to come outside the school gates in things like restored VW Beetles with chrome and blacked out windows and burbly exhausts playing Vanilla Ice tapes.
We used to be jealous that we were too young to drive and have a car - how can you compete.
What car to get the girls? - Martin1981
I'd go with that one Stevie D, not blowing my own trumpet by any means!

Martin
What car to get the girls? - Paul Robinson
This came up in conversation with my 21 year old daughter the other day. She was telling a story about a guy who comes into the pub where she works. He's very proud of the Impreza he has and talks about it all the time, apparently all the girls there think he's a complete prat.

So I asked what sort of car she'd like a guy to drive. The answer was:

something 'honest' like a Focus or a Polo.
What car to get the girls? - Adam {P}
Well... I didn't like to brag or anything.
What car to get the girls? - mike hannon
Decades of watching car ads on TV must have addled (almost) everyone's brains.
As pointed out above, cars actually have very little to do with the process of attraction but men seem to be in denial over this.
Two friends of mine who have been - and are - very successful with the opposite sex can't even drive!
What car to get the girls? - y2k+4
Knowing many of the opposing sex, I often find that they find colours quite important - black is never considered a bad one, and is probably the only one where a consensus is reached.

As to the car, I've felt that the Top Gear Cool Wall will inevitably be quite a good indicator - French and Italian small (Punto/206 etc) cars are favoured, with the odd 'discreetly'-pretty German (Audi/VW) thrown in for good measure.

IMHO they do like Focus a lot yet not older Fiesta or Corsa - I'm told they like the Focus styling and odd dashboard design.
Knowing many of the opposing sex, I often find that they
find colours quite important>>

'Opposing sex'? Blimey, am I glad I'm out of the rat-race...
What car to get the girls? - stevied
A friend of mine, a very vain chap, used to have a Mercedes C200 summat or other as a company car. He changed jobs, and was on 'gardening leave' for a month. Obviously he had to give the Merc back, so we thought (naively) he'd either use buses, buy a banger or hire something modest. What did he actually do? He hired the exact same Merc at a colossal cost because: "he didn't want people laughing at him". I sat him down and asked if he really thought i) anyone would notice ii) and if they did, weren't they a shallow vacuous moron who didn't matter? but he didn't get it at all. He honestly thinks sane normal women are impressed by such things. They're not. I asked my girlfriend recently what her favourite car was and she replied "a blue flying one". I rest my case.
Stu

I will now let you into the secret of pulling girls. Shed loads of them.

Get a dog. Not some vicious snarling male brute, but a gentle natured doe eyed sweet girly dog, not small but medium size.

1/ Tie your doe eyed dog to a raling outside waitrose, and wander in and out the shop making a fuss of it loudly along the lines of "There there honey I wont be long"

Homemaker type women will fall at your feet on the spot

2/ Take your dog to the park, wait in car with dog till woman turns up to exercise (or if lucky with another dog). Bundle dog out the car and play with it.

Athletic and fit type women will fall at your feet.

TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
What car to get the girls? - Dalglish
the secret of pulling girls. Shed loads of them.

>>

tvm - so you are in to this "dogging" malarkey. does it make it any difference now that you have the van rather than the goona? take care, news-of-the-world are looking for you.

Dalglish

Not quite sure you have the dogging concept quite right.
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
What car to get the girls? - jacks
Stu
I will now let you into the secret of pulling girls.
Shed loads of them.

This is excellent advice.........

But after you've pulled (so to speak), where do you abandon the dog without appearing too heartless?

Jacks
It would be times like that that you'd need a saloon.
FiFi is devastated that you want to put her in the boot.
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
What car to get the girls? - Big Bad Dave
Cars have absolutely nothing to with pulling power, however, if you?re prone to having endless strings of casual affairs with girls at work then your choice of car is very important cos that?s more often than not where you?ll end up doing it. For this I recommend large comfy French saloons and certainly not cars like Jaguars with wide transmission tunnels making it difficult to make a "connection".

Also worth working for a company with large underground car park where you?ll often meet two or three other couples doing the same thing.
For about six months I worked for the council in the social services dept. I was 24, had no car, lived in a council flat in Lambeth and went to work by bus or bike. Most of the team were girls under 30, some from Oz on their way round Europe.

I went out with two, one after the other one night, and from then on managed to keep them both happy, and apart, just, for about a year!
What car to get the girls? - Round The Bend
"Tie your doe eyed dog to a raling outside Waitrose, .............. Homemaker type women will fall at your feet on the spot"

Can't help wondering what type of woman do you get if you tie up your dog at Poundland.

Y2K+4 is right on colours. Typical conversation:

SWMBO: "So and so has a really nice new car"
RTB: "Really my dear? What sort?"
SWMBO: " A red one"

_______
IanS
What car to get the girls? - rhino
Morris Traveller. Well, it was the car I had when I met my wife (BTW this was 1988, not 1958 - the Traveller was not the newest thing on the forecourt).

She clearly saw that my choice of vehicle reflected in the inner man...............
This is not a joke - it really happens.
Some years ago my partner (accompanied by me but I was distracted at the time - honestly) went to Halford's to buy a replacement door mirror.
Salesman: What car is it?
SWMBO: A Metro.
Salesman: What model?
SWMBO: Brown.
Salesman: No, what particular model?
SWMBO: Pause...The one with the gold stripe.

What car to get the girls? - FP
A few years ago, having driven Vauxhalls for a large slice of my life (well, at least I had a twin-carb Firenza at one point... How sad is that?) I switched to a navy-blue Peugeot 205 and was told by my current girlfriend that at last I had acquired a "sexy" car. Make of that what you will!
What car to get the girls? - andymc {P}
BBD - seems like your ideal car might be the previous shape 5-door Honda Civic with the dash-mounted gearstick and "walk through" cabin. Perhaps what every Romeo should really have is an MPV. Mmm, just think about how impressed the girls would be ...

Cars were never really a factor in my love life, but living away from home from age 17 and having my own room were. It's kind of irrelevant in any case, I've been with the same girl since I was 19 - that's what college romances and shared accommodation do for you. Having said that, I must admit to being surprised recently at the enthusiastic reaction just to a picture of my Harley trike - makes me think I should have had one of those when I was 17. In fact, this would seem to indicate that the best way to impress the girls is to keep a photo of a Harley and show it them saying "I've got one of these". Then they will know how cool you really are, as they climb aboard your Space Wagon.
--
andymc
Vroom, vroom - mmm, doughnuts ...
What car to get the girls? - expat
>Also worth working for a company with large underground car park where you?ll often meet two or three other couples doing the same thing.
Most of the underground carparks are monitored by cctv cameras which provides lots of amusement for the security staff who monitor them. It is also fun to check the footage on the cameras in the office after a Xmas party or even a Friday night out. It is amazing the number of couples who head back to the office after the pubs close for a bit of extra marital.
I've since been having a think and without being too forward,

is Miss Robinson single?
What car to get the girls? - FP
Adam, old son, are you sure you're on the right website? ;)
Not 100% no. But when an opportunity is there....
What car to get the girls? - Xileno {P}
You want something different, I had a Renault 30. It was rusty but compared to all the dire Novas and Fiestas that everyone else had, it was the car that everyone wanted to go in. And of course the young, handsome and intelligent driver played its part as well ;-)
What car to get the girls? - mss1tw
I thought this was about you buying a car for daughters or something.

I'm past caring about what people of either sex think of my car (Otherwise, would I be getting a Toledo?!)

The bike is where I have fun now, car have past into mundane A - B monotony for me.

Thankyou traffic, speed cameras, fuel prices, idiotic, 40mph everwhere drivers...you've spoiled motoring for me.

2 wheels for fun, now.

"And of course the young, handsome and intelligent driver played its part as well ;-)"

the taxi driver you mean?

TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
What car to get the girls? - SteVee
I agree with TVM - a dog works better than any car.
polishing your shoes also works - but not to a mirror shine - that will probably get you a slap :-)

Changing the subject slightly - what car makes a woman more attractive ? I can't think of many, except maybe an Elise or a Caterham. Even then, a beer or two is likely to be more effective
What car to get the girls? - Big Bad Dave
"what car makes a woman more attractive"

I love women in powerful, expensive cars, no preferences as to a make or model. I?ve got a thing for young mothers in 4WDs too.

Biggest turn-off for me is a car full of gonks, teddies, kinder egg toys and stick-on Garfields. Makes me want to slap them across the face.
you want to slap garfield?
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
What car to get the girls? - Paul Robinson
Actually Adam, since last weekend Miss Robinson is single! She'll be behind the bar on Saturday evening, so if you're in the Reading area...
I've since been having a think and without being too forward,
is Miss Robinson single?

Surely the question you ought to be asking is whether her stomach is strong enough to cope with the sight of shimmering beige? ;)
What car to get the girls? - mrmender
i was told once, car does not matter but the ability to able to lick ones hepls!
Is a "hepls" another part of the anatomy I've never heard of?
_______
IanS
What car to get the girls? - Lud
Yes mm, might be a bit difficult that. Perhaps that's what TVM meant about having a dog?
I think women in powerful cars is always a nice look - one of my customers is early thirties, immaculate to look at and she drives a green TVR Cerbera, if only she was single! And no she doesnt have the automatic either.

I used to work at a posh dealer down south and so we had many nice cars in to the petrol station attached - I saw one youngish woman but with kids using her DB7 as a school run car. It sounded nice to a point, but it was an auto and a 6 cyl so didnt sound quite right coming from a DB7.

Must admit, I like girls who make an individual choice with their car, shows some personality!

My sister likes fast cars - she wanted an Elise but is only 25 so is waiting a few years to get the insurance down abit - so she currently has a high spec MGF VVC which she hammers around in. She has got 6 points in the last year bless her.
She bought a Hyundai Getz 1.3 having previously had an MX-5 1.6, but she said it was so boring, she sold it within 3 months.

My ex-wife had a thing for the Elvis Cadillac, pink '59 jobbie - no accounting for taste eh? She was quite into what cars she liked and knew what most of them were. She liked the big american pickups like the Dodge Ram. Colour was always important - brighter the better so I didnt drive her cars very often!
She had a lovely low mileage Talbot Avenger auto which was her baby, but after a year, she never got the knack of starting it and constantly flooded it and had to call me out to get it to start when she wanted to come home from work lol. It also constantly fell out of tune and I got stick of tweaking it every week. Sold it to a bunch of teenage brothers who I think were going to use it to get their band around.
What car to get the girls? - patently
Some cars might attract some girls. But the girl who goes out with you because of your car is probably not the girl you want to attract!
HowdY patently! Nice to see you back again :)
Like a bad penny, me.

Anyway, you're just being nice because I flattered you. Can you remind me of your opinions re 911s? ;-)
What car to get the girls? - Union Jack
Patently - Nice to see you posting again.

Jack

PS Now you are back, and talking about 911s which I would have thought were not bad cars to "get the girls", can I please now have an answer to tinyurl.com/q2a6l ..... (tweak! tweak!)
What car to get the girls? - PhilW
In 1967 ish my mates mini (car) seemed to work for him- every time I went out for a pint with him I ended up walking home because he had picked up some stunning bird. I used to blame the car, but he seemed to have some fantastic chat-up lines whereas when I tried them I was obviously viewed as a sad thingummygig.
However some lovely young lady took pity on me and gave me a lift home in her Morris Minor - had a soft spot for Morris Minors ever since, they are very attractive cars............
A few years later "the dash-mounted gearstick" of a Renault 4 attracted me to my present wife. In homage to that time I have the Ren 4 equivalent - my Berlingo!! As another mate said to me years ago - whatever car you get make sure it has room for a mattress in the back! Probably why I have never owned a Porsche (or a Focus saloon!!)
--
Phil
PS Now you are back, and talking about 911s which I
would have thought were not bad cars to "get the girls",
can I please now have an answer to tinyurl.com/q2a6l ..... (tweak!
tweak!)

I'm sorry - I didn't answer your question did I!

The answer's simple... the car was only 3 weeks old, was still pristine, and somewhat unfamiliar. The prospect of a 40 mile drive in my pride & joy in thick snow after a sideways experience in the BMW was a little bit scary! All went well, though - the car's ability proved me wrong.

Anyway, as to the 911's desirability among ladies, of the two in this house one loves it and asks to go in it incessantly and the other is somewhat take-it-or-leave it. The former is aged almost 5 and the latter is, err, modesty forbids.... let's just say she's old enough to be the former's mother ;-)
What car to get the girls? - Union Jack
A sporting response indeed, Patently, and your initial reaction was perfectly understandable in the circumstances! At least you established very early and very confidence-inspiring evidence of your lovely new car's capability.

Also liked the tactful response regarding the ladies in your life!

Jack
Like a bad penny, me.
Anyway, you're just being nice because I flattered you. Can
you remind me of your opinions re 911s? ;-)

I'll save that until my inner demon reasserts herself ;)

In the meantime I'll help you prepare your counter-attack by confessing to driving a Nissan Almera ...
What car to get the girls? - eProf
This reminds me of a sign on the back of a beaten-up Mini 5oz van in the '60s ~

"Don't laugh ~ your daughter may be inside"
--
e Prof
What car to get the girls? - R75
Have to say that 2 wheels always did better for me then 4, but that may have more to do with wearing a full face lid with reflective visor - great face for radio as they say.

Had a marginal amount of success with a bob tailed range rover, that was just a beast and seemed to attract a certain type of demographic - fun for the occasional quick outing though ;o)

But I like to see a nice well dressed lady emerge from a mid size convertable - age not important - for either ;o)
What car to get the girls? - Avant
"I will now let you into the secret of pulling girls. Shed loads of them."

This assumes that you have loads of them to shed. Perhaps that explains your other thread, TVM, where you have been running a Scenic as well as the Tourvan, while SWMBO has a Clio.
My first car was a Midget - not that successful.
Perhaps I should have re-badged it as an MG Whoppa
_______
IanS
What car to get the girls? - Greg R
My sad advice would be just not to think about girls at all. Just do the things you want to do, dress nicely and smell nice, just be cool and everything will follow as if by magic. At least this way I have more to talk about than just relationships and I do what I want...even though I think relationships are important!!! I still think we think too much about girls...maybe a balance would be better!

But then I look like the back of a Modus!!!L.O.L
What car to get the girls? - tunacat
According to Irma Kurtz, in broad, fundamental, general terms, a woman would prefer to have a man she can look-up to.

In the absence of any other information for her then, it follows that the car should discreetly provide some impression that its owner possesses wealth, intellect and authority. Individuality and flair score bonus points.

Trying to appeal to the broadest spectrum of women, then, (not easy, is it) :
Porsche, Ferrari etc : a bit flash
4x4 : a bit gangsta
german marque : too predictable
Jag XJ : looks a bit too ?mature?
Jag XK/Aston/350Z : a teensy bit chest-wig
Alfa ? stylish, but ?intelligence? (c.f. MI5) suggests they?re unreliable
Saab ? could be a contender if they ever get their act together with a new model

Lexus GS300h might fit the bill if it was better-looking -even has green credentials

How about:
Maserati Quattroporte (probably also unreliable, but insufficient data to prove it)
Lexus IS220d

But then in the end, the majority of women aren?t that interested in the finer details about cars, but, as with any material object, are swayed by something that looks nice.
Probably an Alfa 159, GT, or Brera will do, then. In a nice colour.

(I?ll retire to a safe distance now, but I bet I?m not far off the truth.)
What car to get the girls? - Nsar
Nah mate -

Subaru Legacy Estate - it shrieks 'country vet' so she'll be thinking - he's got a few quid, he's got brains, he's kind to animals, rural lifestyle, understated performance, can get you out of trouble. Good with his hands......
What car to get the girls? - Duchess
If a man drives a car that's full of rubbish, unclean and with faulty headlights/unrepaired dents, ten to one he doesn't do housework, doesn't care for his appearance and can't be bothered to deal with the little things in life.

If the car is immaculate with a shine I can see my face in, he'll want to spend Sunday morning polishing it instead of bringing me breakfast in bed.

If it's an old banger, he's tight-fisted and likely to buy me "something practical" for my birthday.

If it's outrageously expensive, he's spent money on it that should have gone towards that diamond necklace I have my eye on.

So Duchess, something in between then? Or does His Grace have a team of chaps in livery to deal with the transport side of things?
What car to get the girls? - Duchess
I was thinking of Mellors......

.....but (heretical thought in this forum) a coach and four with uniformed flunkies would definitely be impressive!

What car to get the girls? - Gromit {P}
I was once offered this nugget of advice: "You spend an average of two hours a day in your car and sixteen hours in your clothes. Spend accordingly".

So the question isn't so much "what car to get the girls?" but, "how best to spend the money this car would cost, to get the girls?".

Anyway, SWMBO is odd in this respect. The one car guaranteed to get a second look from her is a Volvo 240 estate!
What car to get the girls? - SpamCan61 {P}
If a man drives a car that's full of rubbish, unclean
and with faulty headlights/unrepaired dents, ten to one he doesn't do
housework, doesn't care for his appearance and can't be bothered to
deal with the little things in life.

Oh dear; Duchess, looks like we wouldn't get on... ;-)

>>full of rubbish : check : I assume empty de-icer cans, sunday paper free CDs, broken burger joint toys & a can of WD40 probably count as rubbish, don't they?

>>unclean : check : I bought my current Omega last July and I've washed it twice, apart from the glass & lights which I do clean, honest.

>>faulty headlights/unrepaired dents : check : lights work, but I do tend to buy my cars pre-dented as they are cheaper and I don't have a panic attack every time I use a supermarket car park.
doesn't care for his appearance : check (ish) : I did turn up for work once with one brown shoe and one black one, my only defence is that during the winter months I get dressed in the dark.

>>can't be bothered to deal with the little things in life : oohh not me guv. I can change empty toilet rolls & leave the seat down with the best of 'em. My multi-tasking skills are suffcient to simultaneously cook a roast Sunday lunch & do an oil change on the car, sometimes I even wash my hands whilst changing between tasks :-).

My car is worth less than the computer I bought my wife for her birthday, which she is very pleased with :-)
What car to get the girls? - BazzaBear {P}
multi-tasking skills are suffcient to simultaneously cook a roast Sunday lunch
& do an oil change on the car, sometimes I even
wash my hands whilst changing between tasks :-).

I should think so. You son't want to get gravy on your sump plug!
I should think so. You son't want to get gravy on
your sump plug!

:-D
What car to get the girls? - SpamCan61 {P}
>>You don't want to get gravy on your sump plug!

My gravy has the smooth consistency & golden lustre of a quality 10W/40 semi-synthetic - and tastes much the same....
What car to get the girls? - BazzaBear {P}
Nah mate -
Subaru Legacy Estate - it shrieks 'country vet' so she'll be
thinking - he's got a few quid, he's got brains, he's
kind to animals, rural lifestyle, understated performance, can get you out
of trouble. Good with his hands......

... constantly smell of...
What car to get the girls? - rory
'scuse me, no-one, but no-one seems to have answered the original question posed.

Who are the girls ? Why do they need a car ?

We should be told.
I'd suggest a split-screen Type 2 VW camper in show condition. Cool to look at, different, and far more comforatble in the back..
Nah. The back of a car is for the engine - nice and powerful so you get home quickly. Much more comfortable :-D
What car to get the girls? - Allie
Nothing too that looks too sporty or red - it just makes me think he's sleazy and men in convertibles with shades on make me cringe - even though I may think the car is nice I would most likely think that the driver was having a mid-life crisis...

Honestly, if I was going to be attracted to someone on the basis of their car, a smart solid-looking car such as a Golf in black or silver does it for me.

However, I would find someone who had the sense to invest their money in property rather than transport infinately more attractive (thats probably because I am 29 not 19 and technically not really a 'girl' anymore!)

Allie
What car to get the girls? - tyro
However, I would find someone who had the sense to invest
their money in property rather than transport infinately more attractive

I suspect that my wife would agree with you!
However, I would find someone who had the sense to invest
their money in property rather than transport infinately more attractive (thats
probably because I am 29 not 19 and technically not really
a 'girl' anymore!)

This does assume that the driver is looking for a relationship that will last years, not months (or weeks) (or days) (or hours?)

Might the answer be different if that assumption was changed?
Not necessarily, this is just my personal opinion - I would just find someone who had the sense to do that a more attractive and interesting person in general - wouldn't try to pin them down and marry them!

A man relying on his car 'to get the girls'is deeply unattractive (to me!) and suggests something is lacking. I can't say that either myself or any of my friends would ever have - ahem - 'entertained' a man on that basis...

I would turn my head to look at a stunning car - would the driver be hoping for some sort of reflected glory?

Each to their own I suppose...

Allie
So glad I'm happily married ...! It's a relief to know that no-ne who knows me looks at the 911 and thinks it was acquired for that reason...
Well you're not relying on it to 'get girls' and you're fine!

I think we are all influenced by personal experiences and mine lead me to be suspicious of men with flash cars HOWEVER is it totally unfair of me to tar everyone with the same brush and my comments are intended in the 'get the girls' context - wasn't having a go at all men with nice cars although reading it back it does come across that way - sorry!

Anyone else reminded by this thread of that episode of Friends where Joey pretended that a Porsche parked in the street was his and stood next to it in full Porsche clobber (cap, jacket etc) trying to pick up girls:

Chandler: "It looks like a Porsche threw up on you!"

Allie
What car to get the girls? - Xileno {P}
I wonder what cars girls might drive to get the boys?
Why spend thousands on a car when its £20 for a Wonderbra!

Allie ;-)
What car to get the girls? - Paul I
My Wife wants to get rid of the VW Sharan and get a Renault Megane CC .....should I be worried ????
In my experience girls don't mind a suitor having transport but aren't terribly interested in the details. Excessive filth would put many off, and Americans in particular are impatient with cars that break down.

When you are grappling with some awful mechanical crisis on the road, though, some can be very supportive and helpful. Others, not. Of course most of the girls I meet these days are my children's friends and my grandchildren.
What car to get the girls? - PoloGirl
It doesn't matter what he drives, if a man 'knows' about cars, that's very attractive! Can't stand men who don't know their french tat from their sturdy german models. The amount of men in the midlands who think Rovers are good cars and they've made a good choice is scary.

I know I'm kind of duty bound to say here that it's the personality that counts, and the car doesn't matter. However, car choice is a part of personality and I'd find it hard to be instantly attracted to anyone who drove a Vauxhall, a Daewoo or a stupidly girly car like a Ka, Getz or Micra. That's just wrong! ;)

(Tongue in cheek before you all jump up in arms!)

What car to get the girls? - PoloGirl
Forgot to say...

Anyone whose mummy and daddy paid for their car is instantly off my radar, along with those who have financed themselves up to the hilt in order to have a flash car. If I was single, I'd be looking for a grown up!
What car to get the girls? - Bagpuss
Ah...that's why my wife likes to send me shopping out in her Ka!
"Can't stand men who don't know their french tat from their sturdy german models."

ROFL.......... hey that cap fits a treat.
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Im glad to see the girls are giving some constructive feedback!

My ex wife cheated on me with a bloke who she met in motorway traffic driving a transit so not sure if thats bad for me or her?

I must admit, ive never bought a car to try and pull a girl - I know it doesnt work - I tend to buy cars that take my fancy at the time and when I was married, sometimes she liked the car and sometimes she didnt ( I took no notice of what she said at all ), I never questioned what car she wanted.

I think though, if a guy had turned up in a hunk of 50's Americana in pastel pink, she would have left me in 3 seconds flat :)

What car to get the girls? - Nsar
"My ex wife cheated on me...
and when I was married..I took no notice of what she said at all"

I don't know how to say this but
What car to get the girls? - AlastairW
Last night in Manchester the only car cruising past the bar I was in that attracted girls attention was a 50's Chevy Bel Air, in pink.