Fiat Stilos - The quickest review ever - Adam {P}
My mate bought a 1.6 Fiat Stilo Dynamic yesterday and I must say, for what it is, I'm very impressed.

The kit on them puts Fords and Vauxhalls to shame. I think it's only the one up from base spec and has;

Adjustable rear seats, computer, air con, reverse parking sensors, central locking, alarm, auto lights, traction control, ABS and more to boot. All on a 1.6!

Car seemed solid enough and was quite cool in the gadget department. Whenever a door was open, instead of a boring light to warn you (yawn!) it came up on the screen "Front right door OPEN". The computer was actually controlled by a button keypad on the right too instead of messing around with buttons on the stalk.

The drive was very quiet and quite comfortable but never went on any motorways. (I'm assured that it is very quiet on these too). City steering mode was a gimmick but handy to have in tight spots I guess. Comfy seats too!

Not the best review in the world but I never knew they had all this kit on! The 2.4 Abarths have Sat nav and more stuff apparently! Definitely a massive improvement on the Brava. My other mate has a Y reg 1.6 and I've been in it hundreds of times and it's like a completely different car rather than a mildly updated one. I was telling my mate (with the Brava) about the other (with the Stilo) and he's so impressed, he's actually hopefully going to look at a 2.4 Schumaker at the weekend. Purely on my review and the kit on the "normal" Stilos.

Look out for the next installment of "Stilo Review" chaps. I think I could get into this journalism lark.
Fiat Stilos - The quickest review ever - stevied
Friend of mine has the same, looks awful in 5 door form though. He loves it, he's not interested in cars partic. and wanted something cheap to ferry his new baby about.Cheap to buy and run, and touch wood he's had no Italian electric dramas yet.

2.4 Abarth looks fun, I'd consider a cheap one.
That's the thing - they're all cheap!

I must say, I prefer the 3 door one purely because the rear lights look a lot more jazzy but I was amazed at the room inside the 5 door one. Boot's not up to much but if you want a boot, get a saloon!

I think the Schumakers are the sportier version of the Abarths which usually means less kit but I'll let you know on Saturday!
Fiat Stilos - The quickest review ever - Armitage Shanks {p}
Even if it is cheap to buy look at the value of a 3 year old Stilo. Taking the base model, it lists at £12271, can be bought for £11450 and after 3 years may be worth £3500. Not a good place to spend your own money IMHO
Fiat Stilos - The quickest review ever - Tomo
Before we get too excited see Car-by-Car Breakdown, What's Bad!

I wasn't for one minute suggesting anyone buys it new. You'd have to be mad to buy a new car anyway!

Tomo - that's the shortest CBC breakdown I've ever seen. The Focus one is about 10 times the size of that and nothing stated in it has ever happened to mine!
Fiat Stilos - The quickest review ever - Roberson
The Focus one is about 10 times the size of that and
nothing stated in it has ever happened to mine!

Now you've cursed it.
Fiat Stilos - The quickest review ever - Vincent de Marco
I think the Schumakers are the sportier version of the
Abarths which usually means less kit but I'll let you know >> on Saturday!

AFAIK they are definitely much sportier. As for the kit - that depends. For example: in Germany most "Schumis" are simply fully loaded because customers there are used to the scheme that the higher the price the more toys as standard.

- - - - - - -
Free enterprise is the basis of western democracy.
Fiat Stilos - The quickest review ever - y2k+4
Have you been allowed to drive it Adam? Does it match up to dear Focus in the handling departments? (All the reviews of the 5dr state they don't, but the 3drs have better suspension don;t they?
Fiat Stilos - The quickest review ever - Vincent de Marco
You'd have to be mad to buy a new car anyway!

Absolutely not. It's the whole experience, provided you've got a certain attitude towards it. Comparing the brochures, trims, trying different demonstrators all weekend long, chaffering with the dealers & watching them slowly "melting like ice" when it comes to the asking price... Walking away, coming back.
Naturally there's a downside to consider - depreciation.

- - - - - - -
Free enterprise is the basis of western democracy.
Fiat Stilos - The quickest review ever - Xileno {P}
Car survey site:

Happy: 26
Unhappy: 23
Not sure: 13

I'm not saying to buy one! Just that they had a lot of kit!

V de M - good point. I hadn't thought of that. The depreciation would make me cry though.

y2k+4 - This was the 5 door so may not be able to help you too much. A lot comfier than the Focus (then again - so are a lot of cars!) in both ride and the seats but doesn't handle as well. (Still very competent - but the Focus would lose it on the twisties).
Fiat Stilos - The quickest review ever - Hamsafar
Maybe now they are an old model, they will have refined all of the 'issues' making it a practical and good value buy.
Fiat Stilos - The quickest review ever - Armitage Shanks {p}
That's amazing - every one of the 62 Stilo owners in UK responded to the survey!
Fiat Stilos - The quickest review ever - v0n
.. touchdown! Oh my stomach hurts from chuckling..
--------------------
[Nissan 2.2 dCi are NOT Renault engines. Grrr...]
Fiat Stilos - The quickest review ever - BazzaBear {P}
>> I think the Schumakers are the sportier version of the
>> Abarths which usually means less kit but I'll let you
know >> on Saturday!
AFAIK they are definitely much sportier. As for the kit -
that depends. For example: in Germany most "Schumis" are simply fully
loaded because customers there are used to the scheme that the
higher the price the more toys as standard.

Depends what you mean by sportier. Absolutely no difference in terms of speed or power. I think it's got mildly fettled suspension, and possibly brakes, and has Schumacher written on it in various places.
Only actual advantages over the Abarth are that it's more exclusive, and theoretically will hold it's value better as a special edition, but we all know how often that turns out to be true.