Sale Of Goods Act - Legal Eagle
Hi there

I bought a bmw z4 3 years ago for 30k. It was ex-demo, 6ooo miles.

It has been in and out of the garage for the last three years with mostly minor repairs - but a few major. All of these have been covered by the 3 year warranty which runs out this month. The car has been in and out of the garage so much in the last 3 years that i have lost touch of the number of times that i have take it to the garage. Not what i would expect from a premium value car at a premium price.

What are my rights?

Many thanks for your contribution
Thanks

{Shouting, ie: posting solely in upper case amended. DD}
SALE OF GOODS ACT - Altea Ego
You have had the car for three years? What are your rights? None. You Should have been asking this 3 years ago.
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
SALE OF GOODS ACT - robcars
Best chance you have got is if you are bying again from the same place.

Remind them how much aggro you have had and do they want to to play fair with the prices or would they rather you went elsewhere?
Sale Of Goods Act - zm
Your rights are nil after this length of time; what do you expect? You have not said you have had to pay out any money as it has been covered under warranty. If you're bothered, extend the warranty when it runs out and don't be so tight!!!
Sale Of Goods Act - J1mbo
You should have been asking the question after 3 months!
Sale Of Goods Act - Bill Payer
You could ask the dealership to support your request to BMW to extend the warranty, or perhaps give you an enhanced p/x price against another BMW.
Have you kept (or can you put together) details of all the repairs, time of the road, inconvenience etc? If so, perhaps write to the helpline of Whatcar or something similar. This kind of tale used to (I've stopped reading Whatcar now) come up quite frequently.
Sale Of Goods Act - nutty_nissan
So, you've legally "accepted" this flawed car, and allowed the garage to repair the car as and when required. Hmmm, I don't believe you have much to use from the Sale of Goods Act. Any product is supposed to be safe, fit for it's purpose and durable. Like others have said, I believe your only recourse is with BMW GB and to see if they do anything out of goodwill, but they are not obliged to by law.
Sale Of Goods Act - cheddar
If there are any faults that were reported during the warranty period, and acknowledged by the dealer/manufacturer as faults, though have not been resolved then the dealer/manufacturer is obliged to fix them even if the warranty has subsequently expired.
Sale Of Goods Act - Pugugly {P}
The words eating it and cake spring to mind....personally I would part ex it for something else or get an extended warranty.
Sale Of Goods Act - Dalglish
my tactic is to wait for a new member to post a few times before biting. there have been 3 or 4 such cases very recently, where i would have bitten, but waiting showed that the op had left their hook and gone away.

just my opinion.

Sale Of Goods Act - cdb
I think perhaps people need to look at brands that are dubbed premium and whether they actually live up to expectations or whether they are only as good as many other brands in terms of reliability.

They may have a 'premium' image badge but are they really premium in quality or do they merely trade on their badge?

My new Audi has had a lot of issues and still has a number - not what I would have expected from Vorsprung Durch Technik.

Sale Of Goods Act - Bill Payer
my tactic is to wait for a new member to post
a few times before biting. there have been 3 or 4
such cases very recently, where i would have bitten, but waiting
showed that the op had left their hook and gone away.
just my opinion.

I would reply to agree with you, but don't want to seen feeding a potential troll, so this post isn't here.