another tax question - steveo3002
if i dont tax the car until a week into the month ..will i get in trouble?? ( car will be stored off road)

thing is they wont let me tax online as my insurance ran out today..the new insurance hasnt shown up on thier database, so by the time my certificate arrives and i get to the posty it will be past the 1st of the month!!

im going to try again online soon, maybe the database will be updated
another tax question - smokescreen
I remember reading around here that the DVLA give you a little time before they decide to fine the hell out of you, although dont take it as the gospel mind :-)
another tax question - Bromptonaut
If your tax disc expires on 31 May 06 I don't think you'll have a problem. The much advertised £80 fixed penalty does not kick in until 28 days have passed with neither tax or SORN. There will be a technical offence of being untaxed, but IIRC that's a revenue matter and in practice they won't prosecute for short duration offenders.

Suppose a sharp eyed copper might put you in his book for failure to display but I think you'd be very unlucky for that to happen.
another tax question - bell boy
i was told that you now have the 14 days grace by the dvla but you must tax by the 14th or sorn it(you can do this online if you are the registered keeper)
another tax question - Dynamic Dave
thing is they wont let me tax online as my insurance ran out today..the new insurance hasnt shown up on thier
database, so by the time my certificate arrives and i get to the posty it will be past the 1st of the month!!

Why will it take longer than one week for your insurance certificate to arrive? 1st June isn't until next Thursday. Even if they sent it 2nd class tomorrow, it will still arrive by next Tues.
another tax question - bell boy
probably using an offshore insurance company? and the certificate is coming by "message in bottle"?
another tax question - steveo3002
judging by the accent of the phone operator, its coming from india ?

no worries if i get 14 days to sort it, its not like you dont pay from 1st is it
another tax question - Collos25
When you get the insurance you could always walk to the Post Office.