Volvo V70 T5 Steering Vibration - Paul Robinson
I?ve just returned from a 300 mile journey with a friend in his 1999 Volvo V70 T5. The car was suffering from a slight vibration through the steering at motorway cruising speeds. He tells me the problem started a few weeks ago immediately after having the front discs and pads changed plus four new Pirelli zero tyres.

The main dealer initially said ?wait 1500 miles for the tyres to bed in? this came and went with no discernible change. They have now rebalanced all the tyres, again no change!

Any suggestions??
Re: Volvo V70 T5 Steering Vibration - Mark (Brazil)
Did they balance the wheels while they were on the car ?
Re: Volvo V70 T5 Steering Vibration - Paul Robinson
I will have to find out if the wheels were balanced on the car. Can you tell me more about this?
Re: Volvo V70 T5 Steering Vibration - Mark (Brazil)
www.honestjohn.co.uk/phorum/read.php?f=1&i=11093&t...7

Cut and paste this reference into your browser for an earlier discussion.

Alternatively search for Dynamic Balancing.

Ask if you need further clarification.

M.
Re: Volvo V70 T5 Steering Vibration - Andy Bairsto
Get them to have the car checked out by Volvo with a dynamic balancer,they caused the problem and its upto them to put it right
Re: Volvo V70 T5 Steering Vibration - David W
Paul,

When you look at Mark's link take note of my post on that thread (D J Woollard) about tread variation. Far more common that you may expect with any make of tyre.

David
Thanks - Paul Robinson
Thanks for the information - I'll forward the details to my friend and let you know how he gets on!

Regards

Paul R
Re: Thanks - Honest John
Get the thing down to Micheldever Tyres and onto their proper pitted laser alignment set-up (or to anyone else who has one and knows how to use it). Changing ths discs has disturbed the alignment and it has not been re-set properly.

HJ
Re: Thanks - ROBIN
Wouldnt be exactly uncommon for the discs to be either warped,or not put on quite true,either.
Impossible?
Yeah,but it keeps happening.