Zafira Mileage - genuine? - Homer123456
This might sound like a typical "female" question if you like but im buying a vauxhall zafira 2002 plate this week and have been told by the dealer their is a service book but he cant find it, So how can i be sure the milage of 25000 is genuine ?

Thanks Kat
Milage - Xileno {P}
Get hold of the V5 and contact the previous owner.
Milage - Homer123456
V5 ???? Help
Milage - Dynamic Dave
V5 ???? Help

Or more commonly known as the log book.
Milage - tr7v8
I'd sayso service book no sale! He won't be interested once he has your money & it has to be suspect as to why it's missing.
Milage - Armitage Shanks {p}
Depending on where you live, there must be loads of Zafiras around. Why choose one over which there is doubt on the mileage and the service history when, with a bit more searching, you can find one with no known problems? A service history is very important and I wouldn't buy without one unless it was a very old car and/or the price reflected the absence of the records.
Milage - Homer123456
Well to be honest i did get a good price 300/500 pounds cheaper than others and the car is in superb condition and with 4 children now a people carrier is a must have and i was told this was the best of the people carriers aruond in that age group, ive left the dealer my deposit does that mean their is no backing out now !!!
Milage - Armitage Shanks {p}
You can back out and lose your deposit SFAIK. You have gone a long way down the route to buying the car without coming here to ask the questions! It probably is the best of the people carriers, overall, but this particular one may not be so good. You seem to have got a low price which may be based on the absence of the service record. Best speak to the previous owner; they may tell you where it was serviced and that garage may be able to recreate the record for you. Good luck!
Milage - TheOilBurner
Another thought - has the car been checked very carefully to see if the service book was hidden somewhere within?

The Zaffy is a fairly big car, maybe the book is just misplaced within it?
Milage - Homer123456
Thanks for all the advise guess its just like anything in life a bit of a gamble.
Milage - geoff1248
It's only a gamble if you want to make it one. A Vauxhall main dealer should be able to track it on their computer system and see if it has been main dealer serviced anywhere.
Milage - bell boy
Thanks for all the advise guess its just like anything in
life a bit of a gamble.

no you are paying the dealer a premium to supply you a product,
it certainly should not be a gamble.
Dont be telling him that,or the book will never turn up.
Milage - Homer123456
Thanks again just spoke to Vauxhall they said i would need to know which dealership the car waa taken to in order to know about service history, they no longer log them on a central computer.
Milage - johnsnc
Given the car is 2002 I'm thinking it should have had an MOT in 2005. The mileage is normally recorded at these now and maybe go on the National Mileage Register, and might be retrievable by one of the 'Car History' check services available on the web .
Milage - Nick Shep
I bought a Zafira DTI, from the car shop with 39,000 miles on the clock, the car shop were unable to supply a service history book,however, I looked through the previous MOT certificates and previous receipts from Vauxhall garages to prove service and mileage and also contact previous dealer ships to confirm this as the service will be recorded on the database.My Zafira has just done 91,000 miles no engine problems at all. On the Zafira keep an eye on the oil level as on various websites they are know to drink engine oil,if you can pick up a diesel as these engines have a cam chain instead of a belt, so this will reduce engine costs.
Milage - cheddar
Do an HPI check online.
Milage - bell boy
Do an HPI check online.

its £42.95 if your not "in the club"

i would rather ask the dealer for a copy of his and ring hpi to authenticate it ...................much chep....er me thinks ;)
Milage - Andrew-T
I've heard this one several times before "can't find the service history". It likely means it's incomplete and not worth showing anyone (though it would be easy enough to fill it with fake stamps). The excuse rings about as true as "the cheque's in the post". If you can't decide about the car without the history, look for another.
Zafira Mileage - genuine? - ziggy
This might sound like a typical "female" question if you like
but im buying a vauxhall zafira 2002 plate this week
and have been told by the dealer their is a service
book but he cant find it, So how can i be
sure the milage of 25000 is genuine ?

I thought most franchised garages had computerised records which they can print out. My critreon did: ex-fleet car and there was a list of everything, including the most minor bulb changes...

Certainly if the seller cannot produce any documents, walk away.

Zafira Mileage - genuine? - stonefish
Its very easy. No need to carry out a full check just to verify the mileage. If any data is recorded, it can be obtained for £9.50 (if anything has been recorded via DVLA/RMI/BVRLA)
You ring the AA who use experian held data 0870 241 7118.
Zafira Mileage - genuine? - David Horn
Were you told about the missing service book before or after you paid your deposit? If after then if it was me I'd expect to be able to back out and get my deposit back on these grounds.
Zafira Mileage - genuine? - adamj23
It must be so easy to fake a service book you can buy rubber stamps online that can say what ever you want!

Allways go by invoices and a call to the so say servicing garage!