Best time to buy used car? - mss1tw
What's the best time to buy a used car? Not just financially (Though obviously that's important!), but is there a certain time of year that the market will be most likely to have better condition cars?

Best time to buy used car? - bell boy
best time is when your not thinking straight ............................ now sir can i interest you in this sporty little number for the summer?????????????????????????????????? ;-)
Best time to buy used car? - Stuartli
Being serious, probably the best time is shortly after a new registration number is available.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
Best time to buy used car? - Lud
When Jupiter aligns with Mars, LOL.

No seriously, full moon, at midnight.

No, really seriously, in winter, especially with roadsters and dropheads.
Best time to buy used car? - pd
Christmas Eve about 2.00pm.
Best time to buy used car? - mss1tw
Doh, I don't fancy waiting that long!

Means I'd better get shot of the Pug before the market gets too crowded though...
Best time to buy used car? - blue_haddock
I would say towards the end of the month when the delaership will have targets to meet. If you show signs of being willing and able to sign on the line there and then they will bend over backwards to secure a deal.

The best actual months to do this are probably February and July when they know they will be getting a load of PX's in shortly with the reg change. You could also try between christmas and new year when annual targets will be needing to be met.
Best time to buy used car? - ziggy
Christmas Eve about 2.00pm.

Or 1.00AM in an unlit service station, dealing in cash only.

Seriously, it is hard to say, most depreciation is in the 1st year but OTOH new car discounts can make a 1 yr old car seem like poor value.

Best: sell your present car privately if possible. Then buy new pre-registered car through a broker/Supermarket (but check your insurance to see if you would get the full value of your new car if you happened to write it off in the 1st year of ownership..).
Best time to buy used car? - reevsie
i bought my car at auction about 5 days before christmas, got a bargain and done 10k with no probs. mine was an estate car altough a lot of the small cars were making top money. I guess daddy wanting to buy matilda a clio before christmas kept the prices up
Best time to buy used car? - legacylad
On a quiet day at the auctions if you feel brave and can take a day off work.
I went looking for an estate to supplement my VW Transporter.By late afternoon with only a few cars remaining, and fewer buyers, I bought a Polo 16V..why oh why oh why..ran it for 18 months then sold it for £300 more than I had paid, which covered servicing and advertising costs.Good ole VW!