Renault_Radio_Security_Code - Stuart1977
Just_bought_a_2000_Renault_Laguna_with_a_CD_radio_in_it_but_its_looking_for_the_radio_code.

Does_anyone_know_how_to_get_this_without_having_to_pay_for_the_thing?

Kinda_grudge_paying_11.75_to_my_local_dealer_for_it!!!

Cheers_in_advance!!

Stu
Renault_Radio_Security_Code - bell boy
£------1---------1.............7------------5 a

b...........a.........r...........g...........a.........i......n

i thinks
--
\"a little man in a big world/\"
Renault_Radio_Security_Code - Armitage Shanks {p}
I see your point - £11.75 is more than the car is worth! Seriously, recent legislation says that the code is part of the car and you have the right to be told it without charge SFAIK. Problem may be getting a dealer to see this point of view.
Renault_Radio_Security_Code - Caveman
Kinda_grudge_paying_11.75_to_my_local_dealer_for_it!!!

As well as grudging paying out on a new keyboard beacuse of the knackered space bar it would seem!

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?m=414094...e
Renault_Radio_Security_Code - Dynamic Dave
As well as grudging paying out on a new keyboard....

I have to agree, but can we now get back to the original question about the security code before this turns into a computer related thread which is over in the discussion area of the forum.

DD.

That aside, £11.75 is cheap for the information needed for the code. If you really begrudge paying your local dealer, then why not simply contact the person or garage you bought the car from and ask if they have it?
Renault_Radio_Security_Code - Morgie
Try contacting the previous owner, although in my case he didn't have it either. Ended up, after a delay of several weeks, getting a whole new unit out of the dealer.
Renault_Radio_Security_Code - AndyT
Have you tried removing it to see if it's written on the radio somewhere ?
Renault_Radio_Security_Code - Stuart1977
Thanks for all the replies... useless or otherwise...

Think I'm just gonna have to bite the bullet and go pay the £11.75. Nightmare after having to shell out for a new keyboard!!!

Cheers anyway
Stu
Renault Radio Code - Stuart1977
Anyone got any idea how I can get a radio code without having to pay fortunes to my local dealer?
Renault Radio Code - Dynamic Dave
£11.75 is not a fortune when comparing with what some dealers charge.

Bite the bullet.